Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Gang Stuff...

Little Man Dax knows way too many words ALMOST perfectly.


RyGar frequently greets each little with a, "What up Gangsta?" when he gets home each evening.  And now this little man says, "What up Gang-stuff?" to any and all neighbors and friends he greets on a daily basis.  It is hilarious.


He also says, "Grandma JAM-ice" and Lightning "Da-Queen" and "Fall-Love Me" instead of Follow me... no matter the number of times we politely try to correct him, he reverts to his adorable old ways.  Whaddya do?  I usually just smile and ask him to say it again.  :) 


And on a completely unrelated note, Kaelster actually caught and preserved a grasshopper yesterday.  I don't really know what came over him, but he asked, "Can I have a jar to put him in?"  I quickly complied before any limbs were lost and he generously shoved a few blades of grass inside before we sealed it up with some plastic wrap & some twisty ties, complete with a few air holes in the top.  He was thrilled.  That grasshopper had the privilege of accompanying Kaelster to collect the mail, to cruise on a neighborhood bike ride and to sleep next to the piggy bank.  It was the life of luxury for a grasshopper at the Gardner residence.


And then this morning, on our way to Preschool, Kaelster just couldn't resist and he poked a Kaelster- paw-sized hole in the plastic wrap and holy moly if that grasshopper didn't seize his opportunity.  I turned back at the "OH NO!" exclamation from big man and saw that green thing flaunt his ginormous will to live and hop out of the jar and out of the window of our moving vehicle.  It was somethin' if I do say so myself.


Kaelster was quiet for a minute and then he said, 
"Uh Oh, he better get out of the road, or he'll get hit by a car."  :)


Ace a Spade's favorite phrase of the moment is, "What doing Mom?"  And he says it about one gazillion times a day.  His inflection is spot on and when I return the query he gets all shy and thoughtful and starts his response with, "Ummmm, I talkin' to Mommy", or "Soooo, I'm just playin"... it slays me dead.  


And you guys, I'm planning his SECOND birthday party?  What the?  I give up on this crazy ride we call the evolution of time.  This vortex is about to take my breath away.


Soooo, Ummm, we are now on the hunt through our hood full of "gang-stuffs" to find a new pet grasshopper for the posh empty jar that sits next to the piggy bank waiting it's next guest.  It's a tall order that we intend to fill.


Wish us luck!

3 comments:

lisa louise said...

i'm so glad he is worried about jiminey cricket getting out of the road but doesnt hesitate to dismantle him. hahahaah

The Sutherland Family said...

The whole grasshopper thing they got going on is killing me! That is so strange but sorta funny ha ha

The Belnaps said...

screw the twistie ties and use a rubber band lady..waaay easier