Saturday, August 17, 2013

Zoo's Who...


What exactly can one say about the zoo?
It's stinky.  It's hot.  It's oddly thrilling?


If I'm being honest, sometimes I do stuff "for the kids" but really I kinda get a rise out of it, too.
The zoo... not one of those things.
That was truly a gesture "just for the kids".  Some might call me a Saint.  :)


Kaelster rose before the sun the morning of our zoo trip and had a whopper of a cold sore and a summer cold to match.  He was... basically miserable most of the trip with the exception of those Dum Dum filled moments.  Sorry, bud.



Daximus loved it.  But not the, "Oh hey, look a Giraffe!" kind of love.  More of the giggle fest, run like a Banchee, goof around with your cousin kind of love.  Which is even better for obvious reasons.



Ace a' Spades was the best animal spotter/lover/poser of the day.  And in typical "kid at the zoo" fashion, the top moment for him was the "chicken" otherwise known as a magpie that was waiting for some decadent crumbs at the picnic area.  Forget the elephants, you know... who needs 'em?


The highlight reel must include the polar bear, that played peek-a-boo with the boys.  


Once he popped out of the water so close and so quickly that the hand-in-hand cousins toppled backwards off the viewing ledge in a fit of surprised laughter.



And I won't lie to you - I squealed with delight like a toddler myself.


The tiger was actually pacing methodically in that net above our heads, salivating.
I think I might prefer him lying in the shade looking dead?


And, of course, the carousel, knocked our socks off.  Some sweet lady was a zoo member and she volunteered to let our kids ride free, not once, but TWICE.  Some people, you know?  So, so, nice.


I heard a little rumor that around these parts, kiddos go to the zoo on a field trip in the first-grade.
SO... I figure I'm off the hook until then, right?  RIGHT?!  :)




Thanks to my la-DIEZ... Grandma Janice, Aunt Nett & Aunt Michele, and of course the older cousins, for the morning at the zoo.  I couldn't have managed my own little WILD animals without you!
And I'm off to have a soda and a cookie, because surely, I deserve it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

those are some AWESOME pictures!!! i love it!