Friday, August 9, 2013

Lazy Days in Dixie...

So there's this place... I used to go there as a kid with my family & I loved it.  This place is where my white blonde locks turned woefully green.  Because this place begs for days at the pool.  LONG, delicious days of diving in to get a tiny respite from the blazing heat of the desert.
Holy Dixie.  I love thee.



And apparently the little misters are a chip off the old block because EVERY day we were at the pool at least twice a day with a little splash park action in between, occasionally sprinkled with a little wildlife museum, a Great Grandma visit, a hike, a park and, of course, ice cream.  




To say they slept well each night would be and understatement.
(But do you think they would sleep in?  Oh no, that's against their code.  Around here we wake with the sun and literally rise & shout.)
Have I mentioned that the code is about to kill me?


We did our best to stay well hydrated.
Which requires constant vigilance OR forty minutes giggling at the water fountains.



We went for morning hikes to emulate our dear daddy-o who was off hiking King's Peak with the Scouts.  Brave man.  But we failed miserably at finding lizards which is downright mysterious since we are SOoooo stealth during our adventures.  You know, stealth like a freight train?


We visited every park that had sunshades in all of Washington county.  Ok, that's a tiny bit of an exaggeration, but seriously, I can spot a good park from miles away.  That's all.




We sprayed ever person that ever patronized the community pool.  To clarify, that was out of complete love.  We only hose down those that we like, you know.  And we fed yogurt bites to ourselves and to the imaginary fish in the pool.  We're generous like that... we just give and give.  :)



And I threw the dang boob pads from my suit to the wind only to find that Acey dug them out and was intrigued to say the least.  Ha Ha.
(What is with those stupid things anyway?  I don't want them all rolled up like a croissant in my top... But asking for them to stay in place is, apparently, like asking for the moon.)


We had a couple of visitors who might as well have been aliens with all the pink and purple they brought with them.  Sweet, clean, well-mannered, adorable, good-smelling little aliens.  I was just crossing my fingers that some of their loveliness would rub off.  The jury is still out on that one.


Don't you think the dino jammies and the temple just scream dichotomy?   


It was nice to have little friends along for the ride, but even nicer for me to have my friend to laugh with especially when we did the unthinkable and asked for a table at the Pizza Factory for SEVEN kids, TWO adults.  Sad you didn't get an invite to that dinner, aren't you?





Dang it, Dixie.  You make it hard to leave.


But don't worry, we're fixin' to come back again real soon.  :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are one brave woman!!!!!!!!