Friday, August 30, 2013

Right Now Ramblings...

Ramble #1.
Right now I'm sitting here while ALL my kids nap.  This rarely happens anymore so you can see why I'm all befuddled about what to do with myself.  Cleaning out kitchen cupboards just sounds so dang responsible and I guess I'm feeling rebellious, so here I sit scoping out the Internet.

Completely Unrelated Ramble #2.
Did I tell you my boys started soccer?  It is the darnedest thing when they start to participate in actual kid stuff.  Like, soccer and school and play time?  Oh my.  They can barely bend their knees with their too big - teeny, tiny shin guards, but somehow that adds to the cuteness level exponentially.  I can't even wait for their first game.  I'll probably tear up because... I don't know, it seems to be what I do at all these new crossroads these days.




Ramble #3.
Did you know that I flipped through a little fashion/style site or two here online and all I see is animal prints worked in as part of every outfit every where?  I may have a problem with this.  It's something about my blond hair and the leopard print in any shade that makes me feel like Beth, who is Dog the Bounty Hunter's voluptuous wife.  In the event you are unfamiliar with Beth... um, well, I'll just say I don't necessarily want to look reminiscent of her.  I am missing TWO key items to actually pull off a direct buxom Beth comparison so the point is actually moot, but even so, I'll probably not be embracing this trend come fall unless I can get over this odd hurdle.



I guess I could just do what Acey does and ditch the pants entirely?  So confining these rules of society!



Ramble #4
The rain is making me all giddy and excited for cooler temperatures and fall comfort foods.  Just last night I whipped up my first crock pot soup in a good long while.  It was Heaven.  Plus, I wrapped up the night with freshly sliced peaches with a sprinkling of sugar, and if that isn't the best dang thing about late summer/early fall I just don't know what is.  P.S.  My neighbor has Lemon Elberta peaches and I want to rob her tree every single night.  You may want to invest in a gate lock, Steph.



Final Ramble #5
I kind of just want to be three or four again.  Yesterday they went to the storage room and just found an embarrassing litany of riches in the form of flashlights, otter pops AND monster costumes!  There it was, the makings of an entire day using basically zero brain cells and almost no planning.  That's the life I tell you.  Or maybe I'm living the life... just randomly blogging on a quiet afternoon at home surrounded by drooling, dozing toddlers.  Living on the wild side I tell you!

1 comment:

PNRBAC said...

I don't know how you do it. 3 toddlers and yet no stains on carpets or couches or chairs. You make me sick...but I still love you to pieces.

...photoshop?...

Still wondering how you do it....