Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Deering x2...


I thought having boys would alleviate some of the "wardrobe drama" that my sisters & friends, who are mamas of little girlies, have described in great detail.  And mostly, it has.  But, turns out, boys have strong feelings about their wardrobe selections as well.



Let's revert to yesterday, when Kaelster came bounding up the stairs from a long rejuvenating night's sleep with his camo "deer hunting" pants and his much loved "bwu" soccer jersey in hand.  

"Mommy!  Hey!  I brought my clothes!  I'm gonna where my 'deering' pants and my super 'bery' awesome soccer shirt today!  I might go deering with Daddy when he gets home from his work trip."

Now, tell me right this minute what you would do with such a heartfelt and convincing proclamation?  Don't lie.  You'd totally let that handsome little fella where his camo & jersey get up "all through the town" just like I did.  And then watch as he proceeded to teach all the other boys in the hood what "deering" is all about.  Daxi ensured he told the part about the guts because we are nothing if not thorough.


It's cute.  It's endearing.  It's such a strange new land for me... this whole, "I'm a little guy but I still have opinions regarding fashion every now and again."



So, I told RyGar the whole thing when he got home late that night and he cussed about not having a deer tag this year.  #OrneryMoodMaker  #Oops



Fast forward to this morning.  Kaelster came bounding up the stairs with Dax Man who happened to be clutching his "best basketball shirt" to wear that day with his "favorite orange basketball shorts".  And then, that tricky duo ran right past my open arms (which were so obviously waiting for good morning hugs) to return not a minute later with... wait for it... Kael's "deering pants and super bery awesome soccer shirt" complete with yesterday's Mac n' Cheese shmears and grape juice stain.  What?  


And then Kael said, "Oh yook, Mommy!  I got my deering pants and my bery faborite shirt out of the closet!  I had to hide 'em from Mommy so she wouldn't put them in the dirty clothes."

#WellPlayedLittleMan
#WellPlayed
#ChronicLaundress.... Guilty

I managed to talk him out of the dirty shirt, but the deering pants live on TWO days in a row.



Let's celebrate the fact that they're too young to have B.O. shall we?
All righty then.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

It is a bummer when they stop being your dress up dolls! Love the sidewalk paint, by the way, you are such a fun mom.