Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer Romance...

We spent an entire eight days unplugged and off the grid... at places like this.


I'm totally unapologetic about not returning calls or emails or text messages, because it was SO good.  Like, suck the marrow of life good.  Like, holy freak of nature, that girl is high on either her first little bottle of 5-Hour Energy or just the good life.
(Or both in my case, because someone made me do a long run with her.. C-A-R-R-I-E).
But I digress...




I thought for a few days that I might just be one of those people that could live with my ruggedly handsome husband on a big plot of land tending to babies and crops in the sunshine and generally ignoring the rest of the world.  And I whole-heartedly believed it for those first amazing days in Wayne Wonderland, but then I remembered that I do love me some variety, or the spice of life as some would call it, which is why we changed venues and headed deeper into the heart of the desert,
(Post crawdad hunting, of course, because, Duh.)
And it was,"Just the Ticket - Take Two".  



But really, can you go wrong with any place that has red dirt?  I declare it right here - nay, you cannot.  



So, call me a fence sitter or a just call me lucky.  I don't care.  I feel overwhelmingly fulfilled and happy after our road trip.  Like the layers of sweat & sunscreen that had to be scrubbed from the fuzzy backs of my little men... there were layers of thrilled, tired, fulfilled and challenged all bundled up into one sticky sweet mess of a summer fling. Or for the sake of this silly blog post... a summer romance.




My new favorite thing in the Universe is to watch these triplet siblings of ours be silly together.  They make up a collective far-fetched tale of adventure, filling in blanks and changing the plot line with various "Bad animals and Mean Guys and Off-Road Vehicles" and then they fall to the floor in fits of laughter before jumping around like hot grease in a pan singing RIBBIT at the tops of their little lungs.  




It is hilarious and from my perspective... the best drug on the planet.  I smile regardless of how many minutes/hours they are up past their bedtimes because they are together.  Laughing.  And I try to soak in those epic Mama Moments like the thirsty desert earth.  You know, until I completely morph into my own Mama and say something parental like, "OK Babies... All good things must come to an end."


Yep, even our little vacation.  
Happy to be Home.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love that picture with acey climbing the fence to the horse. Looks like amother Gardner whirl wind adventure!!!!