Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mean Spiders & Prom Wear & Puppy Dogs...

Could that title be any longer?
Back story... That title represents a laundry list of stuff that mid-project, mid-thought, mid-vacuuming has cracked me up, or made me smile, and that's something, you know?

I have that "pre-school" urgency right now.  Like, do we have some jeans without holes in the left knee?  Do we have backpacks?  Is the laundry folded and put away and the blinds are free of dust?  You know, "world peace" kind of stuff.  I'll probably have it all together the night before school begins, just in time to burst into tears and have a mini meltdown at the fact that I'm a mama to TWO of the cutest pre-schoolers in the Universe.  GULP.


Anyway, in the meantime, a glimpse into our little life with our little superheroes.  Who, totally don't get "Spiderman" and instead pretend to be "mean spiders" all day long, sneaking up and biting me to pronounce me dead or missing a limb.  They are so sweet.


And when you temporarily misplace your spider man gloves and all emotions are bursting out of a tiny body, you dive into the old prom wear.  Thank goodness for the satin gloves of Jr. Prom and thank goodness my mama purged her house of all high school formalwear on, like, the day after I got married?  That woman is the opposite of a hoarder.


And whilst your brothers crawl about the house like crazy arachnids, the smartie pants of the group snags an entire package of Oreos and does his thang.  I've come to expect him in this position.  He is a cookie monster from waaayyyy back.  You know, all the way back to 2011.


This one got a date with his Daddy-o at the Ballpark.  I got a text that said, "He downed a cheeseburger  and found the cotton candy salesman... we're having a blast."  It's hard sharing RyGar... but for that face?  I suppose I'll do it... for the rest of my life.  :)


Which left me at home with only two little pups.  You would think the amount of bathwater outside the tub would be at least one-third less considering we were missing a bare bum, but NO.  I've never claimed to excel at math, but fractions were kind of my jam in that horrific department... and alas, we were a full floor wet as usual.  Mind boggling.


And lets end on a sweet note, shall we?  This one is testing me in new ways.  Good thing he pulls this little face.  Oddly, it's a self preservation method designed by evil toddlers who enjoy taunting their parents.  It's one of those, "Oh the naughtiness... the sass!" but it cracks you right up at the same time?

I shall not let it destroy me.  I shall not let it destroy me.
Do join me in my chant for inner peace, yeah?
And a happy hump day to you too.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the prom gloves idea! I too had some from good ole Jr. Prom, so I will have to find and pull them out for super hero attire! :)

Chrystie said...

I am laughing so hard at your silky prom gloves on Spiderman! You are hilarious! And no worries about the race, I think this one will be my last until spring!