Wednesday, August 28, 2013

School x 2...


I can't believe I almost have TWO preschoolers.


Preschool is new to me... I shouldn't have to be doing it in bulk.  I don't know all the deets yet, you know?  I don't know if I'm really doing it right or selecting the right teachers or the right programs.

In fact, all I know in my overwhelming state of, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing," is to love like it's my job.  Work hard and then even harder.  And gently but firmly push my kids to try new things, explore the world, meet new people, and be adventurous.  Because right now when they thrive, I thrive.  And they can do so much more than I ever give them credit for.

I love seeing their brains become fully drenched with information.  I love hearing the after effects of such a delightful soaking in the form of stories recited in their bedroom at night, or the sweet singing of a newly learned song.  And their conversations with one another are becoming so much more detailed and in depth.  They are learning SO much and they will learn exponentially more this year in Preschool.




This is year one for Dax.  And this three-year-old is thrilled to be going to Ms. Cindy's Country Preschool "just like Kael did".  He is prepared; and that is a fringe benefit of having an older brother.  He knows Ms. Cindy's house and that I'll be back to pick him up.  He knows to take off his shoes and hang up his back pack and to check out the hamster (duh).  And Dax Man is a social little bug.  He excels in groups and laughs easily and often.  He's gonna rule the roost at Preschool.




This is year two for Kael.  He will be attending Ms. Amy's Four-Year-Old Class at Little Learner's Preschool.  Kael told me he only wanted to go to Ms. Cindy's.  That is so typical for Kaelster, "Hello, I have that shtick down - let's not rock the boat, you know?"  And it will last for a day, maybe two, and then our big boy will be rockin' it.  Kael sucks in all details like a vacuum and can then recite them all back at you in your exact intonation.  So, once he memorizes the new faces and terrain, Big K, our cautious one, will become Big K, the class leader/clown.


Ace a' Spades will stay with his mama... thank the Heavens above.

And me?  You might think I'll be doing a little happy dance a few days a week for a couple of hours, but actually, having children and loving them so desperately turns you inside out.  Like, when did I go from being a first-time mom, all pinching myself because I got to wear a Baby Bjorn with a kid in it, to a mom of three kids, doing book order forms and planning a trio of Halloween costumes?

Big sap gets sappier on preschool open house day.   

But big sap loves watching her littles soar.  So I'm equal parts sap and happy.  Which is different than slap happy, just to clarify.


Love you big learners of mine... Happy New School Year!
Be nice.  Wash Your Hands.  Be a friend.
.XO times a Million.
Always,
Mom

2 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Aw...so adorbs! Love these kids. Good luck with preschool next week! Love the shot of Acey too

Chrystie said...

What cute pictures, and what a fun idea to have them hold up signs...too bad it is too late for me this year. Maybe next year? Can't believe you have two preschoolers!