Sunday, June 2, 2013

#LifeAsOfLate

It's high time we spoke candidly about everything and nothing all at once, yeah?
Okey Dokey, Buckle In - Let's begin now...

A classic case of Super Hero with Lawn Mower Envy... Poor Dude.

Yesterday, Kaelster summoned me to the bathroom with the following request, 
"Mommy, Come see my poop!  Hurry!  It's as big as a tool!"
So many directions I could go with this, but potty talk isn't really my schtick.
I did, however, recount the story to RyGar who busted a gut for, no shy of two minutes, only to revisit it and randomly sigh, "Big as a tool... Ha Ha Ha!" ALL night long.
#BoysRSoWeird


I went to Costco to buy a new batch of my favorite granola ever made in all the history of mankind (Coconut Chia by Nature's Path (side note: I swear I am not a hippie or an organic foods freak - I mean, I've never even been to a Trader Joes?) But I also swear, You will be addicted.)  In annoying Costco fashion... no granola could be found!  They'd switched from carrying the coconut variety to the Pumpkin Flax variety.  Hello?  Did school not JUST get out for the summer?  Tis the season of the freakin' coconut already - let's let coconut have its day people!
#EpicFailCostco


On to Converse shoes, or the very Ca-Utest shoes in the universe.  For the record I have been wearing kicks since WAY before they were all hip and cool again.  That's right, Santa the Claus brought me not one but TWO pair of the famous Chucks during the epic Christmas of second grade.  

Holy Fashion Blog Poser...

SO, I feel justified pulling on my white pair and Acey's coordinating red pair and walking around town like two little hipsters.  Yes, they are cuter in an Infant size 5 in fire engine red than a women's size 7 in only white for two whole seconds, white - but still.  
#ChucksSoleofRocknRoll


How about the fact that my kid is convinced he is already going to be performing in the X-Games (or the local rodeo's half time) on his little blue battery powered Yamaha four-wheeler?  Tonight Big K asked me for the millionth time when the rodeo was and Dax Man immediately jumped in, "Oh, Yes and I will go down the big hill and up the big hill on my four-wheeler and jump high in the sky and not even come down in the poops!  Will you cheer loud for me Mom?"  Impressive that he remembers the act from last year's rodeo.  More impressive that in his head he IS the act.
#That'sHowTonyHawk'sAreMade



Today we painted rocks in the back yard with washable finger paint.  I know it looks like Big K is prepping some baby back ribs for the BBQ with some secret rub, but that is actually a piece of red rock he HAD to paint... Since it looks so weird I had to clarify.  Anywho... my kids were flexing their tiny little artistic muscles in their underoos but then the muscles they exercise most took over... the big old Trouble-ous Maximus'.  



Yes, they painted everything in sight... Acey for starts, then on to Cooper, who is probably still cowering under the steps, a few lawn chairs, the actual picnic table itself and two little lawn mowers.  I'm sure you haven't gathered by now, but Holy Geez do they ever egg one another on.  
#TwoHeadsAreNaughtierThanOne

My cute fam at my cute nephew's baptism. 
If Dax's Mom were worth her salt she would be able to photo shop his half blinking eyes...

How about matching Father and Son ties... Are you a fan or is this too lame-o for you?  I'm gonna be right honest, mini-me stuff turns my crank. All my boys in cargo shorts and a T Shirt just like their daddy-o?  I could stare at that little picture all day long.  SO, it is only fair that I share this little matching tie gold mine with you like my cute neighbor did with me.  Get ready... hit up Seagull book.  The tiny versions are $2.99 the big boy version is $3.99 and the daddy-o version is $5.99.  They're washable and darling and I might just buy a few more collections soon.  I might also claim Wyatt as ours and throw one around his cute little neck because, the more the merrier, right?
#MatchyPowerTiesForMyMegaMen


Whilst on the subject of fashion... Remember how I mentioned I was on to something kind of genius when I tried on a maternity maxi dress at Tar-Jay and it was LONG enough for a taller gal like me?  Well, here is the proof.  THAT is said maxi and I am a little bit in love with it.  Black (Hello, classic).  Pleats (A little somethin' more than a clingy jersey dress).  And... SLEEVES!  Hells bells if you're trying to be a modest gal like me and you have to stay covered all summer long & you strive to stay stylish, you know that sometimes throwing on even your cutest denim jacket over a sleeveless maxi would equate to sheer torture.  
Do it now... buy it for yourself.  Liz Lange Maternity Maxi.
And let me know if it comes in other colors, will ya?
#MillionDollarMaxiOnTheCheap



And nearing the end of our little one-sided convo, let's give a little cheer for some modern technology.  Seriously those little kid apps on IPhones or IPads are I-mazing.  And sometimes I feel like playing a little game of animal flash cards is the only way to get them to sit down long enough to help them realize they are tired and or they need to poop... Ha Ha.  Plus, it's fetching entertaining to watch them innately figure it out and coach one another.  Last week they baked cookies on the Cookie Making App and they were seriously over the moon to decorate their cookies with "Sprinkeners & Candies" and I didn't even have to clean the kitchen.  Booyah!
#SteveJobsWhoWEREYou?


Good Golly, that is my baby.  My long, tan, little man baby still sucking down on a bottle.  This one KNOWS he is the baby, and I do too, so I sort of just laugh looking at this little sneak with his bottle and bink.  Thank heavens for digital photography to point out the obvious to this mama... it might be time to take some big old growing up steps for me & little love.
  

To which he will probably say,
"EXPELLIARMUS!"
(If you've never read Harry Potter, you probably think I have Turrets but trust me the picture was just too perfect to not go with it.)
#I'mReallyNotaHarryPotterNerd
Just a nerd of the general variety.
:)

1 comment:

The Belnaps said...

geez you are a blogging genius! good job and double good job on the ties..helloooo..#to die for..#total fan of matching..#uh i have a million girls