Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Back Pack Necessities Per a Three-Year-Old...

The other day my Kaelster went to fetch the mail while his brothers were napping & this mama was watering the potted flowers.  He ran into his little buddy across the street who invited him to come play.  He came bounding back to me and told me he was going to go play with his friend so he NEEDED his back pack.  Um... OK?


We went quietly inside to collect his bag and off he went.  When I crossed the street to shepard him home an hour later, I carried his back pack in and he and his brothers went out to the back yard to jump on the trampoline.  And I decided to brave the back pack and see what all this possessive behavior was about....


And in no particular order, I present to you, the contents of said back pack:
A Guy (duh)
Snacks of the Healthy & Junk Variety
A Key
Some Money
A Car or Two
A 1/2 Full Water Bottle (Because obviously that's how it should be looked at)
A Glow Stick Wand with No Glow Left
A Paint Stir Stick
A Play Paint Roller
Some Leaves
A Bouncy Ball


Now, I totally get the water and snacks business... I mean, I am proud to say, I taught him that move.  No one ever wants to fall victim to the hungry or thirsty bit.  And the boy has been a key monger ever since he realized that keys are what make the world go 'round.  No, literally, as soon as he figured out you need a key to make a four-wheeler go, it was all over and all keys everywhere had to be stashed out of sight but not necessarily out of mind.  And I can see the guys, ball and cars for sheer entertainment value.  But do, pretty please, attempt to explain to me the other random items?  And just where is he getting real & play paint supplies?  


All in all, the overarching theme is this:  Our little boy scout is following the motto to a T... "Always Be Prepared."  For what?  We're not sure exactly, because tomorrow he will very carefully and thoughtfully gather his necessities again, some of them the same and some of them different and all very purposefully selected according to the grand plans in that head of his.  Yes, he takes this back-pack shlepping business VERY seriously.  And I, for one, can't wait for days and days of summer encores.



Love you Little Kaelster, the Miniest (& Silliest) Cub Scout of America.
:)

1 comment:

Mel said...

Seriously, this is the cutest!