Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer is Exhausting...

Sometimes my life is better than fiction.  I mean, really, I have these four darling boys that I get to hang out with all day, every day, and even if I tried, I couldn't conjure up the things they do in real life.  Like they are the best book I've ever had the privilege of reading and it is the actual "Never Ending Story" with new pages and chapters every single day.  Holy smokes I'm lucky.

Let's take for instance, Dax Man.
Yesterday I went to check on him after I'd laid him down for a nap.
He wasn't there.
He wasn't in his brother's bed.
He wasn't lying on the floor.
He wasn't in the closet.
I panicked.
Thoughts of abduction were swirling 'round my head.
There was a full-on Mama Bear whirlwind of activity accompanied with complete panic.
Then, I spotted him.
High atop the dresser all peaceful & "newborn looking",
And posing like he was ready for an Anne Geddes shoot minus the flowered head piece.


Lord have Mercy on me.
Apparently he spotted a coveted binkie & between snagging that & turning on the lamp... things just got plain old laborious as they do.
But really, would you just look at him?
He's like a virtual cherub sleeping on a very hard and uncomfortable cloud.


At this rate, the next time you see me, I'll be the girl with three adorable little boys & a full head of gray hair who is rambling about nap time gone awry and how I must get to the next chapter asap...
Or something equally metaphoric with undertones of complete & unabashed LOVE.

Whew.
You can call off the dogs now, and cancel that World-wide Defcon 5 Alert I put out.
Disaster averted.
Weekend ON.
:)

4 comments:

Chrystie said...

Holy moly, that was so cute my head almost exploded. Silly Dax.

Lisa said...

thats just plain ol' impressive!

The Belnaps said...

seriously cuteness..and kudos to you and all your butt kicking running..you're my hero..cept i hate running and have no desire to race..but my hero nontheless..you go girl!

The Venutis said...

That is crazy cute, and I can't believe he still naps...LUCKY!