Friday, May 31, 2013

Sometimes You Just Know...

You know how you're plugging along through life and you're just sort of equal parts happy & content and tired & striving to check things off of your to-do list all while attempting to be present and soak in the days with your babies and then you just get caught off guard by something?  In a good way?

Yes.  This is a post about that.

Tuesday was full of rain clouds around these parts.  And a tiny bit of thunder and a lot of rain.  The world smelled downright Heavenly, but my kiddos... who acclimate more quickly to playing outside ALL day long than any other human beings on the face of the planet... were a little thrown off.  "What?  We get wet and cold when we go out there?  What EVER will we do?"  You know - one of life's biggest quandary's.


So needless to say, playing hard blossomed to negotiating hard and we fumbled a bit through the day reverting to winter time Play-Doh rituals and other clumsy little indoor activities.  It was weird.  We were just off.  The day felt long and sort of gray.  

When RyGar got home we ate dinner and while he did dishes (I know, the dreamiest!) I bathed and bejammied the kiddos and then we all climbed the stairs to the playroom to drink up chocolate milk and get in our last good play of the day.  And Ryno... oh man, he hit a grand slam with this girl...

"Guys, kiss your mama good night because she's got to go for a run in the rain.  It's a little weird that she likes it so much, but she does."

I positively beamed.  I mean, granted, I'm pretty predictable and apparently a lot loquacious about what makes me tick not to mention my tendency towards exaggeration... but the fact that big man paid attention to what was most certainly one of my "I eat rainbows for breakfast" shpills about running in the rain and feeling so intensely alive and hearing my heart beat in my chest while the thunder rolls around me in the valley"....  AND he chose that moment to  pull it out of the old filing cabinet entitled, "My wifey's weird, but I still like to make her happy"???
Who IS He?


Well, you don't have to ask me twice.  I was dressed and laced up approximately 1.2 minutes later and out the door for a run that yes, made me feel alive & strong & so, so appreciative, and when I came back through the door, I was positively soaking wet and beaming.  

"Was it awesome?"  He asked from the couch flashing me his little dimple... teasing.
"Freakin' awesome."  I said, still smiling.
And it was one of those moments, when out of the blue, you get a massive reminder that someone still has a little crush on you and wants to make you happy on a random rainy day.  And you just know you're loved.  Which feels like, well, it feels a lot like eating rainbows for breakfast, y'all.  :)

Feeling.Mutual.Ryno.
I swear, I must be making extra pheromones or something right now, but dang, I wanna just french kiss him recounting this whole thing.  Dead sexy charmer is what he is. 

And on that note... Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

The Belnaps said...

i feel another bambino coming on...hey..just sayin :)