Thursday, April 4, 2013

Zen Sprinkled with A.D.D...

We're back.
We spent seven luxurious days in Kauai and we basically showed Hawaii all that we are capable of doing in the most efficient yet relaxing way possible.  I hereby crown RyGar and I as two of the best damn tandem travelers alive... On top of that - I kind of like him.  I won't go all mush on you, but let's just say, RyGar is my jam.  And some days I still can't believe I get to be his wifey.





Anywho, that Hawaii, man.  Gets right under your skin, in like, the first five minutes rain or shine.  And you just NEED to be there and your heart starts beating at the same pace that the waves crash upon the beaches.  I could set up shop there and raise little Haole surfer boys.  Pretty sure.






Which leads me to today.  I am a little A.D.D. here on the home front.  I guess I haven't fully hit my post-vacation stride.  I mowed the back yard yesterday, our first afternoon home, because the littles had their mowers out and begged me to join but what I didn't do is mow the rest of the yard.  Then I did a couple loads of laundry, cooked a lame little meal, half-way unpacked, read another chapter in my cheesy Nicholas Sparks vacay novel, and finally, with bathed snuggle-bugs went up to the playroom and watched Cars before bed.  Needless to say, my unpacking and getting back into the rhythm of home life is being conquered "island style"... or slowly but zen nonetheless.







With the risk of sounding like Mister Rogers, I just feel happy.  RyGar and I made some great memories and also made some goals while we soaked up the sun.  I am excited about spring and summer and our little trio of boys and I feel ready for the daily grind again.  


And yes, Heavens Yes, I might just have to post a Hawaii Part II so I can remember more pictures like these when I'm old and senile and, what the heck, I'll throw in my two cents by way of travel pointers for Kauai, the beautiful. 

4 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Aghh.....looks so relaxing! Can't wait to see more pics.

Lisa said...

love and hate you. ;) and your skinny little legs and your tan cheeks.

The Belnaps said...

sigghhhh...so glad that you had a bangin time (get it..bangin..bahaha) Anywho..sounds like you got just what you needed..so jeal. and ps..love those yellow shoes and your boobs are totally rockin the second pic! Well deserved vacay girl!

Chrystie said...

Look soooooooo nice. Please post more so I can have a vicarious beach vacation through you since I am totally missing the real thing so bad!