Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Diagram of the Best Napper...


My sweet neighbor, Stephanie, was lamenting with me a while back about the premature death of nap time for our then tiny toddlers.  She even poured a little salt in the wound by recounting how her oldest son napped until he started Kindergarten... "Say WHA?"  I know, and I was just green with envy as my chubby, little, blonde, two-year-old nap retiree was out running circles around the yard fully energized as if he had downed a Monster Energy drink. 

Alas, the Universe has created balance.  
Enter Daximus, the best napper this household has ever known.


Yesterday, after a long morning of playing and a belly full of food, Dax Man announced, "Mommy, my legs are so tired.  I need a nap."  And though he is going to be three next month, I scooped that little baby in my arms as I do every afternoon and carried him to his bed and tucked him in tight.  He is my nap champ.  The best little bundle of afternoon warmth a gal could ask for.
The picture of nap perfection.

And while this gold medal napper and his little brother in the sandman department make one o'clock church next to impossible... I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Because they're only little and napping for such a little time... and I could get all existential about how close to God I feel when I sit and watch them breathe deep, even breaths, dreaming of who knows what, but I won't... because if you've seen a sleeping baby, you know this religion I speak of.


Dax, I dub thee, "World's Best Napper".
I know you're probably just so darn tired of holding those eyelids open considering the sheer weight of your incredible lashes... but whatever the reason, I'll take it.

XOXO.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Love when they are good nappers! I also love his sheet wrinkles on his face, sign of a good nap!
Miss your cute face!

Chrystie said...

Jealousy, jealousy. Oh, how I wish for the blissful nap afternoons of yore. Soak it up while you can! I would be hard work holding up those eyelashes! Exhausting!