Monday, April 22, 2013

On This Day...

Is it any wonder that RyGar and I chose this day, thirteen years ago,
to take the plunge and marry one another?



There is something about those sunny days of spring... (the ones sandwiched between the days of rain & hail stones) when the sun warms your back, and the grass is actually lush and green, and you sit watching your little baby birds play around in the dirt in the back yard, eating apples and collecting rocks, that just spells happiness.


I can't believe how far we've come... from two young know-it-alls to two young-ish parents who will soon celebrate having two three-year-olds and a one-year-old and all we have is a whole lotta love, a mortgage, a bunch of Tonka trucks, and a billion question marks.  Are we doing this right?  Should we approach this differently?  Are we saving, preparing, building, and all the other positive action verbs that are associated with creating a healthy and happy family?  This intermingled with the "let's just stay alive" moments... when we are overwhelmed by the fact that we rarely ever know what we're doing.





But I also know for a fact, that my husband and my kiddos feel love here. Whether we're mowing the lawn or having bubble baths or watching "The Funny Show" - there is warmth, hugs, chaos & happiness.  And that is something. And Ryno and Me - we are good at making decisions and sticking to our gut instincts... the ones that I believe come from the Heavens to us through a divine parental conduit line... and those moments are the ones that make this whole family building thing feel innate and natural.  




And then, I have my RyGar... whom I am drawn to like the Northern Star.  I am so so lucky to be his.  He leads our family like a natural-born Columbus even through the roughest seas and he makes me laugh -- the kind where Diet Coke fizzes out my nose -- over the lamest little things.  And I drive him crazy and make him smile and make-out with him whenever the opportunity presents itself.  So there you have it... the formula to our symbiotic relationship.  Scientific, eh?


Does this post have schizophrenia like the spring weather?  Mmmm - let me summarize...
Love is big.  The most simple aspects of life are the most beautiful.  I feel incredibly blessed to be making a family with all its intricate relationships and traditions with my partner and my babies.  And I am the luckiest girl in the world to be spending my life with my Ryan...



Happy Anniversary, RyGar.
...lucky # thirteen...
And thanks for joining the team, Little Men of Ours.
XO

No comments: