Monday, April 1, 2013

Chicken Soup for the Soul...


I simply can't think of a better way to describe our days in the sunshine together this past week.  It was Heaven to have my big boy all to myself and we needed those days to laze around with one another on the beach.  And to kayak up winding rivers to hidden waterfalls.  And to pretend we were swanky as we entered the marbled clubhouses of top rated golf courses.  And to walk down red mud slicked rainforest trails hand in hand sometimes in silence and sometimes with lots of those delicious deep conversations that make you feel as if the entire ocean could come crashing down on you with wave after wave of the stuff of life and you'd just be enjoying the foam that puddled around your tootsies.
Yes, those days that flew by in an instant are nearing their end.  


And we are elated.
Because we left the best of us back home in the Rockies.
And soon we will be feeling the warm tiny hands of our little men around our sun kissed necks and hear their excited chatter as they all rush to tell us about this past week's adventures all at once.
I can barely even wait.
We are rested.  We are rejuvenated.  And we are ready to jump back in to our wonderful life back home with THE Little Kahunas.

2 comments:

The Belnaps said...

You look so tan and invigorated and I am super jeal...I am totally in need of a fake spray tan or something...sighhh..can't wait to hear all the deets!

Mel said...

So jealous! I'm in need of that vacay right now!
I skip another month and your boys look like giants! They are so stinking cute :)