Thursday, February 14, 2013

Who do You Love...

Love is patient.


Like this man, who puts up with my involuntary stress reaction to excessive messes & yet my inability to clean up in the kitchen as I go... (Hey, I'm a clean it all up at the end kinda gal).  At my need to decorate, redecorate, hang, rehang sickness & yet my physical dismay at filing my receipts on a regular basis.  At my strange haphazard, "this isn't how I pictured this activity going in my head" syndrome that can cause friction with the real life version of said activity & yet my sometimes, fly by the seat of my pants, go with the flow, this is better than anything I could have planned sentiments.
Poor guy.  How can one man keep up with that?

Love is kind.


Like kind enough to send your wife on the occasional weekend away even when that means you get stuck at home with THREE toddlers of the male variety doing things you never ever dreamt you would be doing on any given weekend.   If anyone can make changing stinky diapers look good - it's him.  And for the record, all my heros change diapers, have dimples and wrestle with giggling babies.  Period.

Love never fails.


Ever.  I can always count on RyGar to take care of me and our little family.  It may not be perfect.  But I'll go with perfectly imperfect.  He thinks of the little details that I can overlook.  He just grins and bears it when I show him the darling Valentine gift "he got me" in the form of burlap pillows on our bed.  He anchors me to the earth when I am out in la la land in my head with big ideas & he does so in the best possible way without taking the wind out of my sails.  And he always, always gives me all Target and Cafe Rio gift cards that ever cross his desk... without fail.

And one might say, I love him.

2 comments:

PNRBAC said...

I heart you and your sweet family. My those are some scrumptious boys you've surrounded yerself with! You are ONE.LUCKY.GAL.

Luana said...

Amber your family picture is so great!