Friday, February 1, 2013

Snow Zone Take Two...


Mother Nature has made it abundantly clear that she would like the littles and I to master the arts of shoveling, sledding, snow blowing and inventing indoor games like maniacs.  Well, "Mother 'Somethin' Nature", we are up to the challenge.  You watch yoself... We don't shy away from a good healthy competition.


On the plus side...
-Come spring I will have the back of an Olympian.  Like ripped muscles that show every sinew thanks to all this shoveling and hauling kids behind me in their little toboggan.  Too bad I can't run around in a bikini top, no?  NO.  Definitely no.

  
-Indoor games have become legendary.  Did you have your own "house" and pet bear to watch over when you were a tike?  Me neither, but I think it means these guys are destined for greatness.  They pack their little lunches full of savory snacks and camp out together like Lewis & Clark.  They boss each other around over their fake campfire until they're blue in the face.
The whole scene cracks me up.



-Working out at the gym?  Dude, I own this place.  No really, it's my property.  And I work out bundled in layer upon layer with three kids.  Ever tried to haul two bear cubs up the sledding hill by yourself?  Squats.  HA HA HA - I laugh in the face of squats.



-I mean, really.  No explanation needed.  These little dudes.  They like themselves some snow adventure.  When they are Boy Scouts and they have to go on the Klondike camp out - they will start their own fire with their flint and steel wool and wonder what all the fuss is about.  We do snow marathons every darn day around here lately.  Their daddy-o is a "gear snob" so they are clad in the best damn snow pants and freakin' elbow gloves money can buy and they can stay the course longer than most toddlers I know.  Lucky boys.  No hand-me-down moon boots for them.


 But on the not so awesome end...
-There seems to be a constant rivulet of water from the back door "stripping down area" to the rest of the kitchen which Acers has slipped upon an endless number of times... poor unsuspecting baby.  We must drag in so many cubic feet of water it is ridiculous.  



-The getting dressed/undressed ritual with all our many necessary layers takes 4-EVAH.  I mean, getting two, sometimes three, virtually helpless kids dressed in their entire armor of snow gear no short of six times a day is enough to make me puke.  And the mittens?  Don't even get me started on the anxiety the mittens bring about.  "My FUMB!  It's stuck.  Mommy, it's not good!  My FUMB!"
Sigh... whaddya do?


-Those ginormous mountains of carefully piled snow are gonna be there, lining our driveway, until July.  Of this I have no doubt.


-Snow shoveling is not for the O.C.D. my friends.  I mean, the constant falling of that *&^%$ snow.  Ruining my gorgeous lines?  What the?  And those friggin' tire marks that we make when that fresh skiff is present on the cold concrete... I dig at those with the sharp edge of my shovel during the day and with my fuzzy mind while I sleep.  I might go crazy if it doesn't stop soon.  Certifiable.


-The plastic like sleeve of every single coat we own.  Brace yourselves, this gets gross.  You know, the constant dripping of your nose when you're out in the cold?  The littles can't be stopped to take care of it properly so their coat sleeves become the obvious solution.  And oh, Dax Man's left and Kaelster's right - stiff with frozen snot.  How's that for a visual?


Let's sum up shall we?
You done good snow storm of January 2013.
You and Us? 
We can get along handsomely...


 When we want to feel the love.
AND you start melting in balmy 40 degree February weather.
:)

1 comment:

The Belnaps said...

I know..snow blowers are for wusses right? actually i totally want one. My driveway is ginorms. And the snot thing is just parta the snow deal right? Maybe we should invent gloves for kids..i am so with ya on that one.