Monday, February 7, 2011

The Slag...


Well, we had a raucous Super Bowl party round here. The little men and the big man yelled at the players and guffawed at the commercials together. Really, Kaelster is a pretty good little shadow these days and he would do EVERYTHING that RyGar would do. Hilarious. My team lost - Ry's team won. And we didn't even notice the flub up during the National Anthem... is that sad?


And not to toot my own horn or anything, but I made a pretty great Super Bowl spread for my boys. Chili, Layered Bean Dip & Chips, Cheetos and Apples for the Babes, and Football Sugar Cookies all frosted with chocolate and white lacings. You can start referring to me as Martha anytime you'd like. :)




And now.... well, now we're in the "slag" of the road... a term I learned back in the day when I was a dedicated runner with my neighbors. You know, the part of the road that has loose gravel and is slightly slanted and isn't quite the dirt or the sidewalk? That's the slag.


Today, we're lookin' at running through some major snow dusted slag. Including, the crock pot that is still out on my counter top and the loads of laundry that someone brought home as a souvenir from Chicago, and the playroom that has been WELL played in this past week. It's all calling my name, so I've disappeared to the basement for the time being to take a peek into your lives and avoid the slag for a few more minutes... or maybe until nap time. Slag is more manageable without two little buddies.



Anyway, the slag must be tackled because we have some scenic routes planned for the weekend... It's gonna be an epic weekend o' love with our little family and I'm pretty stoked. May your Monday be merry.... slag and all. :)


2 comments:

Mel said...

Slag. That's the perfect word for my house right now as I hide out in my office! Sometimes the torture of the daily tornado's gets to me.
I....must..go.............on!!

Adam and Melisa said...

Ok...so I still use your famous bean dip recipe to this day...my favorite...from good old Alta days! Oh the memories! Slag...is that what it's called?...been trying to think of a name for it for days now!