Thursday, February 3, 2011

What's Up Doc?


Not a whole lot, really.


It is so bone-chilling, disgustingly cold that the babes and I have kind of hunkered down except for the odd outing to the store and the Doctor's office.


We had nine and eighteen month well check-ups this week and I'm happy to report that I lug around 50 lbs of extra weight every day. Happy because 30 pounds of it is Kaelster and 20 pounds of it is Dax-Man. You would think I would have withered away into practically nothing by now but luckily I have chocolate to sustain me and keep me grounded. :)



In other news, we kissed RyGar goodbye today and we hugged him extra tightly because we're just not sure if he'll make it back out of the tundra called Chicago before - oh - May. Poor guy has to fly in to the windy and frozen city to meet the Irish Execs of one of his clients and I'm pretty sure they'll all be a tiny bit miserable in Chicago's ridiculous weather.


All in all, we're left with a lot of time in the play room.


And really, I haven't sung the play room's praises nearly enough. That little space is the happening spot in this house. The babies love it and from the moment they get up to the moment they go to sleep there are tens of trips up the stairs to our little primary colored mecca.


We even added a couple of stellar new toys lately including Bristle Blocks (which are awesome) and a thrift store find that is a little driving toy which I disinfected twice. I think I've established Big K's love of steering wheels, but if not, just know that Dax has yet to have a turn driving "the car".


And finally, Kaelster is down to one bottle per day and he asks for it by name after his bath every night. Dax is getting all four of his top teeth and leaves a trail of drool as he huffs it around the house. And I have caught up, for the moment, on the laundry.



So... as they say... ebb and flow. We're definitely in a flow 'round here. A nice, slow, winter flow that is only occasionally interspersed by the welcome rays of the sun and a little something out of the ordinary. I'll take it. Flow on, ya'll.

3 comments:

Amy B. said...

So...Kael has passed up my Jenner in the weight dept. and she is 3 1/2...yes very small for her age...and Dax and Addy are the same...I would too think I would be this frail little thing hauling around 50 extra lbs. ..but not only do I have chocolate to sustain me but also caramel, fries, peanut butter, pasta and homemade bread...whew, I was getting worried for myself there for a minute!

Mel said...

I can't imagine how cold it is over there if it's freakin' 50 degrees here during the day. I'm frozen to the bone!
Way to go Kael...down to one bottle! woot, woot!

The Belnaps said...

That steering wheel toy thing could very well be ours..seeing as how Connor had one just like it many o' years ago...Now we are all about barbies, dolls and polly pockets...good luck with the
baby-o's and no Ry..:(