Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kamikaze Kael


The spring-like weather entranced us this week and I felt like we should run around in our short-sleeves to the park every day. It wasn't really that warm, but you know how you get after freezing temps... the 50s feel like July.

Anyway, I decided to take my little men to the pond to feed the ducks. There is a small portion of the pond that remains unfrozen, and the ducks were all congregated waiting for us to share our bounty with them.

I had Dax Man in the umbrella stroller and Big K was running by my side. I parked the stroller and said to Kaelster... "One minute, Mommy needs to put a blankie on Dax."

Next thing I know I hear water splashing and a flock of ducks going crazy and I turn to see my Kaelster lunging into the water after his feathered friends. There are two great loves in Kael's life right now... water and animals. So, though I thought as I was running toward my little swimmer, that he would be deterred by the icy water, I was wrong. The little dare devil was fully submerged up to his waste in water before I got to him and dragged him out.

As I was carrying him up the bank toward Dax, both of us wet and muddy, he kept looking at me and grinning as if to say, "That was awesome." And dang it - I couldn't help smiling back. He was so proud of his near capture. And Dax watched the entire thing from the top of the bank and was grinning at his wild and amazing brother.


In summary, I'm doomed.
But then again, so are the ducks. :)

4 comments:

lisa louise said...

Baahahaha. I love him!!! That is awesome!!

The Sutherland Family said...

Ha ha! That's hilarious, what a little BOY he is!

Kanabites said...

How funny! Love it!

Mel said...

Looks like your going to have to make a trip back to AZ in the summer so Kael can come live in our pool!
Love all your other posts!! Don't know where I've been, but MIA for sure! ;-)