Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wardrobe Malfunction...


So guess what? My wardrobe has changed. Despite the many hours I have watched other Mom’s on “What Not to Wear” defend their changes in style due to their new found motherly duties and swearing it wouldn’t happen to me. It has happened.

Just today I was flipping through a new Boston Proper magazine that came in the mail and it was full of delicious spring things that I adored and then I actually edited my wish list like this,


Holy Fetch. Look at those white jeans and that black silk top. LOVE! Earmark this page. Wait. White jeans. NO, they would remain white until I removed them from the UPS plastic packaging that they were shipped to me in and then they would never be white again. Black silk top. NO. Goobers are attracted to black like metal to magnets and they show up within two minutes of serving breakfast at this house. I don’t know how. I can’t explain it, other than to say, black is no longer my mainstay and dang, I have a lot of it.

Gorg dangly bronze and turquoise earrings. YES – earmark. Birthday gift comin’ at me. WAIT. No. I love my earlobes too much to get those suckers yanked from them the day I get brave enough to put them on. Besides, ear injuries smell nasty and ya'll know that's true... gross, but true.

Hello perfection in the form of a stiletto sandal. I love you. I mean really, drool might have just puddled on the page your picture is on. But unfortunately, I would rather go barefoot than wear you down to Walmart with my 50+ pounds of babes in tow.

And you get the idea...

My name is Amber, and I’m seeking some blue jeans, some medium wedge sandals, a nice cotton tee with some fit and some stud earrings. Wow – I’m stylish. Some day my wardrobe will once again be crisp and clean and white and dry-clean only... but for now we're all about function and steering clear of the "mom jean".

Hey, before you judge, know that my outfits can trump a lot of peoples' because I’ve got two little "to die for" accessories... including this one...

Who knows how to get a "Shreat" from his mama, every time....


And this one...

Who is standin' up like the Big Man on Campus.



Take that Boston Proper!


3 comments:

The Belnaps said...

Maybe that's what we should do with our future lives...design comfy, stylish, kid proof clothes...hmmm!

Chrystie said...

I sooooo feel you on this. I am just starting to try and wear non-stud earrings and I have had to wrestle them out of Corbie's hands a couple of times, pleading with her not to rip my ear! I bought a pair of white pants about 3 years ago and I think I have worn them maybe once a year (and usually had to change out of them by lunchtime). Dry clean only! Ha!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Ok that fact that I have never even heard of Boston Proper tells you precisely where I stand on the mommy fashion dilema. I may stand in need of some what-not-wear fashion rescue. I am woman enough to admit it.
You on the other hand, can rock any outfit and pull of the fab...how do you do it?