Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reunion...



My family has these little get-togethers occasionally and they always have a name. This one was called, (huge breath) "Albrecht Family Logan Winter Reunion 2011". And that pretty much sums it up, eh... it might also sum up our creativity. Wow.




My parents took us to the Hardware Ranch and Heaven was on our side because it was the most beautiful, sunny day ever! I had come prepared with snowsuits, hats, gloves and other swaddling material, but alas, the day was gorg and we ended up stripping layers to ride around on our sleigh to see the "EK" as Kael calls them in our jackets. It was a little rough trying to convince my boys that they could only watch the action from the confines of the sleigh. Once again, Gerber Cheetos to the rescue and no elk were harmed during our visit. Traumatized by the volume, perhaps.





Next up... gourmet dinner at my bro's house (ladies, he cooks - could you just slap his cute little wife silly? OK, maybe that's just me.) Anyway, together they made a delish meal and we frosted Grandma's Valentine Sugar Cookies and then we all walked down the hill to the Aggies BBall game. Where, if you've never been, you wouldn't know of the incredibly dedicated fans with their wickedly nasty, rude cheers. I felt left out because I didn't know all the words, but I loved it nonetheless.



Swimming at the hotel thoroughly exhausted our little brood and then Sunday morning we all had breakfast at Angies. It's where the locals eat. And it's delish and loud and smells like bacon.


And in a nutshell, that is another Albrecht Fam Reunion in the books. We love 'em. They're wild and loud and quick and dirty. We laugh, we eat, we play and we joke.
I heart my family. Every crazy outlaw member. Smooch.

1 comment:

Jen McGill said...

Are the Elk in that photo real?? My goodness!