Friday, May 8, 2015

Work/Reward...

Ah, Spring Time.
It means a couple of "extra things" around here.  Including, but not limited to, child labor.
I'll be honest with you, they'd do it whether I offered them a reward or not.  They are hard little workers and they're smart.  Somehow they almost always recruit a posse of other little workers and my labors are made light and they feel like the life of the party.  I barely had to lift a shovel - my only duty was to empty the wheelbarrow every few minutes and disperse otter pops.  Done and Done.
After the crowd dissipated, I turned on the sprinkler and brought out a bucket full of squirt guns.  Listen, I'm no dummy... where there is work, there should be reward.
I also found these little numbers in my stash from the dollar store...
 I think it's safe to say they'll volunteer again in the near future.  
I find myself amused by these little child laborers of mine - but also entirely grateful for them.  It was a labor of love to get them here and to be their mama is everything.
Happy Mother's Day to every mama heart this weekend.
And special love to our favorite birth mama.
.XO.

No comments: