Monday, May 18, 2015

Puddles...

So, guess what May has consisted of thus far?  Rain.
Well, more like: rain, sleet, hail, rain, rain, hail, rain.
It's been wet and our hillsides look Irish and we've been loving it!  (Mostly)
The second Saturday soccer game in a row where we all were drenched completely and chilled to the bone?  Not the highlight.  But still...
When the clouds part for any length of time, my boys are out on their bikes/scooters/ or on foot looking for exactly two things:  Puddles & Worms.  It should be noted that they are successful in their hunt 100% of the time.

So, you know, I do A LOT of laundry these days... muddy, smelly, nasty laundry.  I would complain more loudly, but,  
A. Look at their faces.  
B. Look at the neighborhood gang
C. Notice there is not a single kid staring at an electronic device.
(Drinking puddle water, maybe... {Ewwwww} But not playing on an IPad)
#winning
#alsodehydrated
I guess.

Part of me hopes it rains all summer long.  We need it, and they love it.  And this whole ping-ponging between singing in the rain with camo rain jackets and rubber boots on and then back to bikes and scooters and sidewalk chalk is kind of magical.  
 
Side note:  The boys almost always carry a "weapon" around the hood just in case they run into their make-believe villains, "Chona", "Oke-a-Knock-a-Meek-oo" or "Evil Luke".  
????
I know.

I told Ryan for YEARS that all I ever wanted in life was a few little boys of the,
"Dennis The Menace" variety.  
Well, well, well... Look who must be livin' right!  :)

No comments: