Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bedtime Stories...

My kiddos get on "book jags".  You know, when you say, "Choose two books each", and they come back like Pavlov's dogs with the two very books you expected each of them to fetch.

It's cute.  But it's exhausting.  You wanna know how many more times I have left in the tank to exuberantly read, "Aliens Love Underpants"?  We're in the negative, guys.  And it's a fairly witty little title, so imagine my thoughts regarding "There's a Tiger in My Soup"... and I betcha can't guess whose obsessed with that one.  :)

So the other night, when my parents stopped by, I gave the usual post bath & PJs speech, "Choose two books each", and then the Heaven's parted and my Mom said the most lovely words that lady has ever uttered... "Oh YAY!  Let me read to you little darlins'".

Well, twist my arm, woman.
And there they sat, all huddled in a pile reading the "currently most read" books and I quickly left the room to turn down beds, and turn on night lights and let my mind simmer on the days events.  But you know what?  Eventually, like a "mama on a jag" I would return to watch them.  To see their imagination without limits in their smiling faces of belief as they heard the familiar tales told to them for the upteenth time.

Life is funny like that, eh?

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

I hear you, it is mind-numbing how many times they want to hear the same book. But, I gotta say, enjoy it while you can. Arden has already graduated to reading herself chapter books at night, she thinks she is too big to listen to the "little kid" stories the other two still want to hear each night. Even if it is the 127th time you have read "Tiger in My Soup."

Chrystie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.