Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Sugar... Yes, Please

You know that song by Maroon 5?  Well, if you don't, ask any of my kids and they'll hit the falsetto notes in the chorus like musical savants.  But seriously I swoon every time I hear them sing it... and in the spirit of all things "Sugar" and sweet - let me show you some recent highlights in that department...
Ace dutifully cares for his "baby tiger and baby bear" almost daily.  He shooshes people that are being too loud when his animals are asleep and he checks in on them quietly.  He is my only kid to ever "play house" and I die every time I walk in his room and see his "babies" all tucked in tight.
He's really a gem.
Kael and Dax had an exuberant water fight the other day and SPRAYED MY NEWLY WASHED WINDOWS... (yeah, I just shouted that) and thus, they had to spend the rest of the afternoon "helping me" tidy things up again.  
 As you can see they were super dedicated and diligent in their efforts.  Also, I'm not sure if their "uniforms" are up to snuff, but they do wear them well.  
 This action right here?  That's basically like "sip stealing" when you go to the gas station for a coke and it's legal in every state.  Just, maybe know this goes on before you accept another plate of cookies from us.  Knowledge is power.
And this.
Oh Coop, you're getting old and gray but you've still got it with the little man crowd.  And for that, I'll always feed you and shovel your shit.  I guess.  :)
And now for the mother load of sugary sweet...
 COULD YOU DIE?
I took the boys south for Dax's five-year-old pictures and I really wanted to capture the "brethen" in their full hooligan state.  So we went to The Big Rock Candy Mountain... and behold!
With the talent of my cousin/second cousin/cousin once removed, Crystal Anderson (listen, I'm no family historian-- all I know is we're related - we will both always be "Albrecht Gals", she is mighty talented and you can see more of her work here) --
We did it.  The wild men have been documented in the sweetest/messiest way possible and they were a hot mess of awesome in every way.
And now that you're in a sugar coma... peace out.  :)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Adorable! What a bunch of little Huck Finns you have down there by the river. I love it. And my Dax and Ace would get along great, he loved (and still loves) his little stuffed friends.