Friday, February 27, 2015

Of Chona, Angry Birds and Pranksters...

I've been lone rangerin' it around here this week.  It's fine.  I'm a little rusty since we've been spoiled this winter by a largely at home, Daddy-o, but I still got it.  
With the help of Angry Birds in the morning, of course.  Believe me, you don't want to see what this mug would look like without a little primp time, and Angry Birds delivers that time to me like a champ.
I don't know if ideas like "giving old work portfolios" come like light bulbs to all the Grandpa's of the world, or if our own Grandpa Hooky is just a genius at being a Grand Dad... {Kidding, Dad!  It's totally the latter} -- but seriously, you would have thought that handing blank notebook paper in a folio to my kids was like asking them to write instructions for saving the world.  
They kind of just nod somberly and then busy themselves bringing to life, with their tiny fingers, things like: maps to treasure, the people in their lives with giant toothy grins on their faces (no joke, usually 48 teeth strung across a smile like a pearl necklace), and elaborate plans as to how to avoid "Chona" who is apparently THEE worst villain of all time, ever.  
Chona is a fictional character made up by my three stooges and he is Baaaad news.  You can't even kill him with fire or freeze power or a katana or guns or a bow & arrow.  It's gonna take the "three bravest brothers and their helpers, Nixson & Ashton" to take this guy down.  And don't worry that I looked up the word, katana, because I thought they were just talking smack, and turns out a katana is a curved, single-edged sword. And now you know.
My boys have enlisted the help of a few key neighbor boys to keep an eye out for Chona and then dismember him if they ever come in contact with him.  Nixson is even building a hideout in his backyard so he can keep out of sight but stay vigilant.  This is serious business, you guys.  So the notebooks have become the holy grail for the planning of Chona's inevitable destruction at the hands of the gang of 3, 4 & 5 year-olds around these parts.
And man, I love it.
I also love this.
Because there are few things more rad than a boy and his dog...
But also, there is this...
And of course the fact that the two oldest hooligans pants-ed me this morning.  It came so far outta left field that my reaction time was tortoise-like.  But seriously, WHERE did they learn such a trick and also HOW is it they are so far above the bell curve of pranks and shenanigans at such young ages?
Heaven Help Me!

Blammo.
I'll keep you updated on the fight against evil 'round here.
Happy Weekend to us all...

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Chona. Sounds evil. And sneaky. Tell those boys to be vigilant. Awesome post, I LOVE IT. Sometimes I feel so bad for my Dax because he has no brothers. Girls just don't get this kind of stuff.