Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Not Having Much Fun...

We took a lightning quick trip to my parents' place this weekend.  My sister-in-law harvested the new world record elk killed with a black powder gun  - whose horns resemble that of a triceratops - and it was finally all ready for its' debut.  Since Ryan has the moment he first laid eyes on the beast "etched in his memory forever" we thought we'd take a trip to see it and celebrate and spend some time with Grandparents and cousins.
The weather.  You guys.  I know I've been yammerin' on about it for days, but I can't even?  I do hope this means the snow will fly all March and April because as I previously mentioned, I'm an old fart at heart, and I worry about things like water come summer time.  But you can't call me a complete Debbie Downer cause holy moly, I am out enjoying every minute of it with the littles while it lasts.
They played, played and played with just a brief intermission of climbing up the biggest evergreen on my parent's property.  I was a tinge nervous, but not gonna lie, they're pretty fearless and hardy little creatures and my mama heart is catching on.  {Finally}
We stayed one night and apparently, I revert to my childhood self and sleep like a baby when I'm staying at my childhood house.  Ace woke up at 1 am and walked into my parent's room where he brusquely proclaimed, "I'm not having very much fun right now."
My mom jumped up and took care of business rocking him and consoling him and then she tried to put him in bed with his older brothers who adamantly told her he was NOT welcome in their bed.  They're the sharing caring type at 1 am.  And finally he laid down in the crib and started dreaming of a time when he was having more fun.
The next day they reported the night's shenanigans and my mom said, "I thought maybe you guys had decided to head off to a hotel and make a night of it or something."  Ha Ha -- But now that I know that's on the table - I'll be seeing you soon Days Inn.  :)  But really evenings unwinding with this crew aren't too shabby if I do say so myself. 
And that is the weekend in summary here on a hump day because nothing lets people know you're on your A-Game like a timely report like that.

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

HOly cow they are pretty far up in that tree!