Thursday, February 5, 2015

Prepositions...

Turns out - one must REALLY clarify with little boys when it comes to those darn prepositions.
The devil is actually in the details.

Let's take earlier this week for example.  The boys were outside in the back yard playing like champs together.  Really they were playing sooo well for sooo long I began to get suspicious.
(That's a boy mom tip for you right there.)
Luckily for me, two outta three of them came in for a drink break and I asked them what they'd been up to.  "We're just playin' BY the shed, " Dax informed me.  Cool.  Sounds infinitely lame, but if they were happy I was happy.

After a while longer my uninterrupted self had accomplished all I'd set out to do and then some, (because its fascinating how much a mom can accomplish on her own for twenty minutes straight),
so I made my way out the back yard to the shed --
To find this.
English language lesson here... that is actually ON the shed.  Pesky prepositions.
See what I mean?
Maybe they've forgotten that they are 3, 4 and 5.  (!!!)
Maybe they were just showing me how bright the future looks in the "raisin' hell" department?
(Heaven help me)
Maybe they didn't actually see one another use every part of their little bodies to transfer themselves precariously from the fence, to the edge of the roof of the shed.  No joke, Ace must have prayed that his cheek had enough "stick" in the form of natural skin oils to give him momentary "gription" to then flail a boot up and subsequently pull himself the remainder of the way up?
I almost had a heart attack watching his accent.  
SO, anywho... word the wise: Watch those prepositions very carefully.
Especially with those little people with a Y chromosome.

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Wo-ow! I can't believe they climbed up there! Crazy little mountain climbers. Heaven help you.

The Sutherland Family said...

I can sense a broken bone happening any day now!