Monday, February 9, 2015

Punxsutawney Got it Wrongy...

I don't know about that old ground hog.
Looking at the weather around here lately -- he got it sooo wrong.
Not that I'm complaining or anything.
OK Wait, my inner Grandma is stressing out about water here in our desert home, but my present day mama-self is thrilled to have little buddies that entertain themselves all day out in the sunshine with nary a jacket to be found.  It's a conundrum of sorts.
And so, we bring you, kite fest USA right here on our very own street with an entire neighborhood full of kids and four dollar store kites + one legit kite.
{You can bet which ones we owned, right?}

I was so proud of Kael to get the party started and to share his kites with all our little friends.
He was pretty proud of himself too.
Dax ran rampant up and down the street with his little suspenders flying in the wind.  I would insert a few heart emojis right here if I could.
Even Ace Face and his Captain America hair got the hang of things.
And then the sun set and they all went their separate ways.
And it was a pretty gorgeous spring day in February...
Sorry Punx.... better luck next year.

No comments: