Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Expo Excitement...

My Mom has this love/hate relationship with family photos... "Bless her heart".  :)
Seriously, she gets anxiety when one of her little loves in the form of grand babies are not featured in her latest family photo hanging on her walls.  So she expressed her deep desire for an updated one to my sis and I while we were in St. George. 

Well, then our lady of action found out that ALL her family would be at the Western Hunting Expo this past weekend and the gal got a bee in her bonnet and made it happen.  In record time.  With little to no planning since my brother was going berserk at the prospect of having to actually leave the expo and pose with a smile on his face for approximately five minutes.  #photohater
I'm sure they'll be darling... not perfect, but completely reflective of the phase we're all currently in, which is, "The wild and crazy pack of little kids who are too busy going to really stop and say cheese" phase.  It's a goodie.  And it literally took us fifteen minutes to shoot all the individual families, all grand kids, the grandparents and the whole darn fam-damily.
And I got thinking while I looked around at all my people.. Yep, we're a little white trash.  Yep, we like our boys dirty and out in the wild.  Yep, my Dad gets emotional every time he sees a beautiful bull elk or a monster deer.  I could go on with our strange idiosyncrasies, but hey... we have people on this planet who want to talk to us, listen to us and love us.  And that's pretty freakin' lucky despite our many flaws.  I guess I'm tryin' to say, call your mom, call your dad, call your brotha & sista.  We have a killer network.  And seeing the cousins in action?
Awesome.
Cue the family candid pictures now...
The new Muzzy World Record Bull Elk harvested by the gal in the middle with the dudes on the ends.
Congrats, Carrie!
Robin of the Hood
Aim Small - Miss Small, Gents.

Shenanigans
Ace's beloved cheetah.
{He couldn't find a tiger}
My crew.  And proof that my heart beats outside of my chest.
I mean, look at them!  I rounded the corner and I was almost floored by this scene.
#sappymamaheart
Cookies the size of their faces.
That's what you get when you smile in the pictures and you don't wander off at the expo.
#briberyforthewin

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

If I am good, can I have one of those cookies? That is a herd of good lookin' boys you got there, I love the cousin picture with the antlers. Tell grandma to put that one in a frame.