Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hotel Holiday...

We had a stay-cation this weekend.
The big Hunting Expo was in town and my big boys needed to accompany their papa bear to see all there was to see, and Grandma Gail had requested everyone's presence for the fastest family photo shoot in the history of mankind... so we did it.  We took a little hotel holiday and burned up another one of Daddy-o's free night stays.
I was a little hesitant since I always weigh if the effort is worth the output.
But then I get one look at my little mini-wanderlusters and I know...
The answer is yes.  Always.  A resounding yes.
I love this picture because it looks like Ace is contemplating jumping across the Grand Canyon or something equally giant.
And I love this picture because every now and again he still rests like a sleepy newborn.
I heart it every time.
Where is Dax, you ask?
Oh no big thang... he's just swimming the length of the pool like a boss with no floaties.
And feeling pretty darn proud of his little self.
And the whole "hotel course of action" is a no fail...
We let 'em swim 'til their little eyeballs are red and the we bathe 'em, put some Pjs on 'em, toss 'em in a bed and start a show.  Soon the chorus of breathing is deep and steady.
And they wake up the next morning with voracious appetites and energy for days...
And a business plan to sell wood chips... which brings all the girls to the yard?
His business was boomin'.
Yep... My name is Amber, and I'll be schleppin' to as many more stay-cations as life affords me.
Because we're all one helluva team.  And just watching this bromance is such a privilege.

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

So fun! Those literally were the quickest family pics EVER. ha ha