Tuesday, January 13, 2015

So Many Years Young...

RyGar has a birthday today... 
Pardon me -- Let me rephrase:  RyGar has a birthday month happenin' up in here.  And seriously he can think I am spoilin' the living daylights out of him all he wants, but truth be told, it doesn't take a whole lotta convincing to get me to celebrate life with the dude.
Those of you who have little loves know that celebrating childrens' birthdays is big.  We celebrate milestones, we award badges of honor, we applaud and marvel at another year of growth... a flag at the peak of a summited mountain.  And while, as adults, birthdays are less monumental... another year with him is something I can't take lightly.
He has the complete gift of tongues and specializes in speaking my language.... Which is always sunny but can get, at times, convoluted.  No joke, before he approaches me with something he would like me to consider he conjures up his gift of tongues and smiles his magical smile that makes those sultry eyes twinkle and wraps me up in his arms and says something comforting like,
"Lady, I want to talk to you about something."
It's a very calming ritual this gent has with me and our boys.  While he can be terse and abrupt and raise his voice... he knows how to be the balm that soothes just about everything.  He never projects.  But he likes to be projected upon.  If he's feeling cloudy, he asks me to shine some sun on his soul.  He loves to do things with friends and colleagues, but he adores a good family huddle.  He is an adventure seeker and he appreciates variety in the garden of life.  
And he makes adorable babies. :)
(And yes, I'm still trying to convince him to make more... shameless plugs on the Internet and all).
So while his birthday probably won't be the celebration sensation that a toddler's birthday typically is around here... It will be amazing.
Like every other day we have with him.  Because I love him so very much that sometimes it makes my heart just want to pop right out of my chest. 

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Aw, you guys are so adorable. Happy Birthday Ryan!