Monday, January 26, 2015

Life Lately with the Dapper Dudes...

Life's been a bit messy lately... no really, we had a little bout with Crypto after celebrating MLK day at the pool.  And let me tell you, there's nothing quite like it.
Poor Ace and the bowl of shame.
But really... is that light shining on him or coming from him?  One can't be sure.  
The thing is... even when things are at their messiest... these little dudes have taught me to speak a dying language of deep emotion.  I didn't know I could be covered in upchuck and scrubbing out a car seat full of the stuff and instead of cursing, I'm cooing, "It's OK, baby.  It's OK," in the most soothing tone known to mankind.
I love this new found skill set of mine that has been honed these past five+ years of being a mama.  The way they have taught me to take in the world like everything is a beautiful adventure.  
The way the littlest things, like face tattoos or a ride with Daddy-o, can make their entire weekend?

I love the way their smiles give me "soul hugs" and the way their superhero lock-eyed gazes melt my heart and freeze time... 
That's what they've taught me.   And thanks to them, I've summitted mountain tops of emotion I never ever thought I'd scale in a lifetime.  And those feelings of love... man, a person could die happy having only felt that all-encompassing, wave of emotion from a child's unconditional love -- once.
 And I get to feel it almost every day from these dapper little dudes of ours.
Lucky doesn't even begin to describe my status.
Crypto and all...
Happy New Week.

No comments: