Monday, January 13, 2014

Of Rhinos...

Today is our RyGar's birthday.  Or, since it should aptly tie into the title of this post, today is "Ryno's Birfday".  I gotta be honest with you - I'm downright giddy about this day.   A) Because I somewhat adore that facial-haired man of mine  B) Because I get to plan exciting surprises left and right and  C) Because I'm married to him, I get to participate in said surprises.  Gifts that keep giving are my specialty you know.  And since RyGar is one to claim this day as "just the start" of his birthday month - well, January is gonna turn out to be mighty fine.


But in all seriousness, I'm most excited about this day because it is such a pleasure to be this boy's lady.  I simply cannot overstate it.


This year I decided to take the boys to one of the mister's favorite establishments, Scheels, where I told them they could select one thing for their Papa Bear's birthday.  I knew he would get a kick out of it so I really held back and let them peruse and think aloud why, "Daddy would love this!"
Don't go all crazy on me, had they selected a one-of-a-kind, hand-carved, elephant ivory handled knife I would have put my foot down... just go with it.

And here is what we ended up with:
Yellow Golf Balls from Kaelster.
"Because Mommy, I lost one of his yellow golf balls and yellow is better than white and when I'm a daddy I'm gonna go golfing."
Confession and complete thoughtfulness right there.
From Dax Man: An air nerf gun that shoots discs.
"Oh Daddy will love this!  And I will run so fast and he won't get me and it will be so funny!"
What went unsaid was, "I will love this way more than he ever could, so let's buy this baby."
Insert genius laughter.
From Ace a' Spades.
A dual platform scooter.
"Daddy needs a scooter for Acey."
Nailed it.


The thing is, as little boys, they probably selected the gifts that a big boy, who is little at heart, will actually enjoy.  Me?  It's my duty to get the boring, practical gifts... and I did not disappoint.  Think new jeans and shirts.  Exciting stuff, as usual.  But I will also provide some action - so, what I lack in gift-giving I make up for in the lovin' department.  :)
Before this takes a turn for the worst, let's just wrap things up...



I love this one in a gazillion silly little ways and I'm so happy to take a day (or thirty) to celebrate the anniversary of the day he was born...
And so are his little minions...
Because clearly, January 13th is one of the best days ever.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! I hope he liked the scooter ;-)