Friday, January 3, 2014

From My Rose Colored Specs...

Sometimes I wonder if the view from my rose colored glasses is overly rosy.  You know?  Like, am I just high on unicorn juice and y'all just want to gag at the syrup I ooze out of my pores here on this blog?  Is my home base up in the clouds drifting from place to place via a zillion multi-colored balloons a la UP?


Then I snap out of it and realize this blog... this space to write and remember... is one of the reasons I can focus on the positive.  It's my therapy.  It's the friend that already knows the crap piles of the day so what else is there to do but stay up late with her and giggle hilariously at all the sweet little things and the funny nothings from the prior 12 hours?  And you laugh and smile about all of it again because you're punch drunk and with a good friend.  And probably you eat chocolate... because all good things involve a little choc-o-late.

 Our first birthday party Chuck E Cheese style.  Holy Tokens, y'all.


Yes.  That is why what you see here is a bit "Rosy".  I'm fully aware that raising babies is not easy.  I know with surety that money doesn't grow on trees.  I realize that a happy marriage requires loads of work.  I anticipate that my kids will all hate me at some point, that Ryan and our passion-filled marriage will lead to yelling and slammed doors.  That my house will be disastrous and my dinner burnt and my outfit totally lame and my butt slightly larger than I might like it to be... All of it.  And spoiler alert -- I know because all/most of that has already happened and it ain't gonna be the last time.  You see?  I can firmly plant myself in reality if I want to and play a wicked game of devil's advocate with myself from time-to-time.  I mean everyone knows how much fun THAT is, yeah?

 Our New Year's Eve Fireworks at 9 pm.  We're cool like that.

And yes, we could all be sad if we chose to be -- many times a day, really -- but as my Mama wisely says, "You always have a choice."  And I actually really, really try to make my paradigm one of happiness.  I mean seriously, I have always believed that every new breath is a new chance to choose happiness.  Because happiness isn't a place or a set of conditions or things... it's a choice that you make again and again every single day.  It takes a little more fight on some days to achieve it, but it's worth it every single time.  And now, well, heck, I'm too far down this road of a better perspective to go back now.  So whaddya do?


Here's what I do... I get off my pulpit (whoa there preacher) and I post more of my happy little things to my happy little space online.  I know it's such a sung phrase around these parts... but I mean it... I am so, so happy.  And infinitely grateful for all that I'm blessed with in this little life we're living... little flaws and all.

THE original hat hair.  Nice, Acey.  Nice.

And to you, who take time to read and laugh and smile with us... Thanks for being a piece of this.  We love y'all and send out rosy views to your horizons too, wherever they may be.
.XO.

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

I like your rose colored specs! It is awesome that you blog the good stuff and the happy feelings, because that is what you will want to remember later on. Keep on doing what you are doing! (Though, I do have to admit that when you reveal that your kids do occasionally have a tantrum or two, it does make me feel better to know that your family isn't 100% sunshine and rainbows. Just 99% ;-)

Lisa said...

yes your life does seem perfect, but as i myself am also raising three boys, i know this is not possible and the only reasonable solution that helps get you thru the day is to laugh and love it!! so i say...carry on with your rosy self!