Friday, January 24, 2014

L-to the-OVE Paint...

Is it just me or is the dollar store knockin' it outta the park lately?  I often go there to stock up on things for my "bag o' tricks" a.k.a. the church bag.  Stuff that normally the littles don't get to play with so it becomes immeasurably fascinating during an hour of quiet time... you know the type.
Anyway, during our last visit these lame little figurines caught my eye and I just knew they would be a hit with my man crew during a quiet moment.


Not to brag, but I totally have E.S.P. because I pulled these babies out this week and it was as if my childrens' quiet, pleasant, artistic alter egos came out to play for an hour.  AN HOUR!  




No one broke anything.  No one spilled - and even if they had I was PRE-to the-PARED with the table all covered in freezer paper and the tiny misters stripped down to their skivvies.  It was kind of dreamy.




When the morning sun is streaming in through my windows and my kids have a hushed determination I kind of just fall in love with them and this place I call home all over again.  It's basically THE only place I'd like to be in the entire Universe.




And for a mama of three boys who have a knack for getting into trouble and a growing repertoire of "naughty" words accompanied ALWAYS with loud laughter & silly antics... 
That's really sayin' something. 


Who am I kidding?  I'm a trained Ninja Warrior when it comes to crazy little boy syndrome and I embrace rather than fight.  These three?  Whether quiet & intense or loud & wild... how should I say it? L-to the-OVE little men of mine... you ain't half as bad as you sometimes paint yourselves to be.  :)

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

We have painted a few of those at our house. Gotta love a good distraction from the dollar store! Cute pics