Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Napping Not an Option...

They were sooooooo tired yesterday afternoon.  Tired enough to nap, but too late for naps.  We entered the, "occupy, keep awake, avert shut-eye stage" of a perfectly gorgeous fall afternoon.

Enter from stage left... feeding the ducks.  It's a fail proof method to achieving the aforementioned goal.  Works every dang time.
And this time we fed cousin Alli's neighborhood ducks.  You know, just to explore new turf and all that jazz.




I honestly feel like these little outings to do the simplest of things get me over the mid-afternoon hump too.  Fresh air.  Moving my body.  Feeling the breeze on my skin.  It's a subtle little wake up call that isn't too harsh but is enough to get the juices flowing again.  And it's a time to tune in to just them with no distractions.  It's our Mother/Son time x 3.  It never disappoints.




Do you see the cresendo of our big afternoon event?


I might make it my personal mission to feed the ducks every darn day if God is gonna smile at us like this every time.  Just Sayin'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a gorgeous day yesterday. Love the pics and thanks for snatching up Alli for a bit!

Anonymous said...

oops um ya that's me not Josh =)

Chrystie said...

If every day was as beautiful as that one, who would ever want to take a nap? (Well, okay, I would, but I mean what KID)? Beautiful pictures!