Monday, October 28, 2013

Obligatory Pumpkin Patch Visit...

Oh Hey!  And how was your weekend?
Let me just tell you a little bit about ours... it was a virtual Octoberfest around here complete with pumpkin patches, the raking of fall leaves and football.  And after hunting the prior weekend, that all seems to make everything well-rounded and complete in the land of little men, right?

It also means their mama totally deserves a cupcake.  I might be feeling the tiniest bit exhausted.  I suppose a loaf of pumpkin bread, heavy on the chocolate chips, will suffice.

I present to you, the Vineyard Pumpkin Patch...
And you guys, we hadn't even made it through the main doors yet.  THAT is how exciting we think a big ole' pile of seasonal gourds actually is.




We have yet to perfect our "stick your head in the hole" science to these little photo ops.  To their credit, the back side was a jimmy-rigged, disaster waiting to happen, cinder block atop a stump, kind of a deal, so they probably weren't feeling real "steady on their feet" if you know what I mean.


Oh, And Acey was right there as the smiling face of the black cat just a milli-second before I took this picture.  And like horseshoes, almost totally counts around here.


This next little group of pictures is maybe my favorite.  Because, my babies + baby animals is a formula that will equate to cuteness no matter how you slice it.  Kaelster and Acers are my little snuggle loves.  They kind of adore to pet furry little things and have them nibble on their fingertips.  




Daximus puts up with it but only if you very clearly point out that the next phase of Pumpkin Land includes a playground complete with slides and monkey bars.  And for such an adept little climber, I suppose that creates enough motivation to grin and bear it.


Until you finally reach the mecca that is a jungle gym.


As a side note, my brother dubbed Fritos chips, "Grease Hogs" way back in the day and I shall forever smile and refer to them as such.  Isn't that just about the most perfect name for a food you ever did hear?  
I know, he might have a future in food nomenclature should his fisheries science-y thing not work out. :)


And since there was about twelve preschool groups visiting Pumpkin Land this very day, you can see the wisdom in my wardrobe selections for my tiny trio.  You can never go wrong with neon for public outings and you also can't be shy about pattern.  The fact that they could not care less about what they wear everyday is about the only thing I have working in my favor here.




Oh, who am I kidding, I have just about everything working in my favor.
I love these little punkins'.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

The pumpkin patch visit really is obligatory, isn't it? Nothing as cute as kiddos and "puckins" as we call them around here. Good job. Again, amazing pictures!!!