Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Colorful Weekend...

If there is anything that can remind me of why I love to live in these mountains of mine, it is fall.  I mean, fall, how magical can you get?  



I hike with these little lumberjacks to soak in your essence.




In these amazing morning rays of sunlight.



Amongst these gorgeous colors in the crisp fresh air.



And we collect sticks logs like these, amongst other "treasures".




I mean, man oh man, this place is a total DRAG, huh?
I love our weekend adventures.  And while we missed Papa Bear, we carried on the tradition of exploring this place we call home.  It's what we do.




And I chased these little boys who were chasing squirrels and finding "deer" and hearing woodpeckers.  Which was by far my favorite part.
But I really mean that, because after all this eye candy, we traveled the switchbacks down the mountain scape by car and Acers got car sick and puked in his car seat and then two little half-naked booties {due to excessive mud} had to get out to pee and.... oh.



Let's just say it was a good thing I got to feed my soul during our hike because as we descended down the mountain, so deteriorated my 
"high on fall color" self.

Not entirely, but, you know.... that smell.  :)

2 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Oh my gosh, how adorable and pretty are these pics! And you are so brave to do that alone!

Chrystie said...

It is a roller coaster ride, this whole thing, isn't it? Beautiful pics, but I am with you...the smell of barf kind of ruins most anything.