Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Games People Play...

I'm going to divulge one of my favorite games to play with the Hubs.  If I'm being honest, I'm a little bit better at it than RyGar is, because, well, nonsensical babbling is one of my gifts.  In fact, RyGar has even said to me in socially awkward situations, "Man am I glad for your gift of gab."  And I take it as a compliment every time, because, why not.

Anyway, when we actually get to go out together, to a public place (our favorites are airports and amusement parks for this game and holy Vegas... gold mine) -- we la-la-la-LOVE to "ad lib" peoples' conversations.  Let me give you an example.  When you can see a couple arguing down the path toward the cotton candy stand and you're far enough away to not be able to hear but close enough to see their facial expressions and their hand gestures?  THAT is a golden set up for our little game.  And seriously, the things we can come up with on the spot would amaze you.  I usually start (note aforementioned yackety-yack syndrome) but when the Ryno jumps in... it's usually unforgettably funny and or crude.  Mostly crude.  It's deliciously naughty is what it is and we crack ourselves up every single time.

Airports are rad because there is just so much going on at airports.  Literally so many moving parts.  Escalators and luggage carousels and security checkpoints naturally require people to really focus and thus they totally forget the fact that they are in public.  It's a fantastic little stage for our dramatic finesse.

And these little drama cats of ours are just, well let's just say the apples don't fall far from the trees. Holy moly, can they commentate what would seem to be the most mundane of all afternoon events and make up the best little stories known to mankind with next to nothing as props or inspiration.  


This one involves a race to a fire where "Daxi will help you if you have a broken leg and he will carry you on his back and crawl through the smoke to get you to the ambuwance."
He already has a hero complex.  Impressive.


This one is just pretty obvious, "I'm standing on top of an airpwane flying HIGH in the sky!  I won't fall, Mommy.  I'm super bery awesome at it.  Do you see me waving up here?"


And this one... I couldn't really tell for sure what was going on, but I could tell this story was a knock-out... "Something Something Something and a BIG TREE!  Something Something Something I TWO, Happy Birthday and Presents!  Something Something Something Because, Well, Chickens want some Moy.  Something Something and a Mean Spider and a Bald Eagle!  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!"

Oh man, he's gonna beat me in my own game.  And with so little practice.
Raw freakin' talent.
I'd better go park my butt in a restaurant with the hubs soon for a few practice rounds before we get too rusty.  If you see us, just nod knowingly and give us some good material, eh?  Maybe throw your glass of water on your lunch companion or something like that?  Thanks a mill.  :)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Too funny. It is so fun listening to their little imaginations run wild. You are so great at the picture taking, I need to follow your example more!