Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tiny Rakes...

I've told you about our grand plans to have a little yard care crew in about ten or so years, right?  You know, to fund missions and college and cars and what not.  Well, if for some reason I left that out along the way... now you know.  The "Gardner Boys" will probably be taking care of every yard belonging to every cute little old lady you've ever met; and so, I have taken it upon myself to provide them with the proper training & tools so they'll be good and ready.

Enter - tiny rakes.
They are a fantastic addition to our tiny lawn mowers, tiny yard gloves, tiny planting spades and of course, the beloved tiny snow shovels.

And you guys... I know I'm biased, but these little dudes are quite the crew.  When they put their minds to it, they actually can get some serious work done.  It makes me a little heady with pride.



It also makes me a little delirious with fall fever.  What is it exactly about kids and fall leaves?  It's like the most magical combination of all the seasons.  But don't hold me to that because you know I'll recycle that exact same line when I see the little misters in the season's first snow fall, or when they're crouched over the first tulip breaking through the frozen ground.  It's what I do.  It's who I am.  Sign me up for "Prodigious Over Exaggerators Anonymous" right this second.  What can I say, Mother Nature is the bomb and I can't be held responsible.



But I can be found in the yard, enjoying the last of the season's colors with my little worker bees and their fine new tools.  They kind of "Tom Sawyer" me into it most days by making it look so dang fun.  



And Lawd knows I've never been good at resisting boys that are having a little fun.
:)

1 comment:

The Belnaps said...

man..I swear I forgot about our other blogs..so don't you worry that I just caught up on your life..way to be the blogging guru..and love those littles!