Sunday, October 23, 2011

Together... Apart...


I had a productive weekend. One full of laundry and cleaning and "mini-projects" that have been on my to-do list for a while. And also one full of bonding with my newest little guy who knew, I'm sure of it, that his "big little" brothers were M.I.A and he milked it like a sweet little baby should.


Kaelster and the Big Man went deer hunting with Grandpa Hooky. And Big K was ready... all twenty-eight camo shirts and jackets were packed and he started sporting the look well in advance.


I guess you might say that he also worked on "becoming one with the earth" prior to hiking through the woods with Daddy-o. That or he is still not over the thrill of "eating dirt" for the reaction that he gets from his mama.


And of course, when I say he went hunting, it goes without saying that Kaelster didn't spend the entire weekend scouring the mountainside... he spent a good portion of the weekend with Grandma Gail reading books and riding the four-wheeler to the park and feeding the horse, but still; his first official "man trip" with daddy and the boys for the annual hunt and he is two... he'll be a pro by the age of four.


Dax Man split his weekend between Grandma Jan's house and our house (the above "window crayon incident" took place at my house... obviously). All Saturday he was the star of his very own show at Grandma's. I heard through the grapevine that little man went to the park and ran errands and was a little angel the entire time. He arrived on my doorstep minutes before bedtime on Saturday night all bathed and pajama-ed and smiling from ear to ear.


And upon his arrival home, he turned his game up to a new level and hammed it up some more while Grandma and Grandpa gave me the day's rundown. The dimple was ever-present and between summersaults he found a new favorite toy... the vibrating baby chair.

Which left me with my new main squeeze, Acer's, who has doubled in size and is officially flashing some grins and providing me with a healthy dose of the famous, heart melting "milk coma" pose.


We snuggled.
I worked.
He napped.
We ventured out shopping once or twice.
It was awesome.
And easy... one kid in a cart... SIMPLE.


A huge, huge thanks to the Grandmas and Grandpas that entertained the "big littles" and made them each feel like the center of the universe for a couple of days.


And a ginormous thanks to RyGar, who rocks my socks off.


Let's all admit, their ain't nothin' sexier than a good daddy... and RyGar... well, he's the best.

2 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Ahh..yay! I bet you are feeling refreshed and ready to take on the 3 kids once again =)

Liz said...

Your kids are adorable. I love your stories about the vacuuming the grass.

To funny!!
I am so glad you got some relaxation time!