Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Congrats...


Dear Laundry - Congrats on making it to the washer, the dryer and eventually back to your homes within our home. I didn't know if that would ever happen without Grandma Gail around, but alas, a miracle has transpired.



Dear Ace - How have you gained a pound and grown two inches in a mere two weeks? You are super human - I am sure of it. Congrats little man, and have I mentioned how much we adore you? Well, we do.


Dear Swista - Congrats on having girls and recognizing the extreme differences in activity level and decibel readings between boys and girls. I loved getting your text when you took my little duo of action the other day for a couple of hours, and yes, "THEY ARE BUSY!" Ha Ha.


Dear Costco - Good to see you again! Two weeks without you seemed like such a long time and we are all restocked with your gallons of milk for our little chug-meisters. Congrats on the extra large carts. It's obvious that this is the beginning of a very long love affair between the two of us.


Dear Kael - Congrats on being our constant source of entertainment. You're obsessed with putting things "in it" like keys, water, etc. which I shall further explain... Last night after bath time I was putting on your diaper and you said, "Wiener in it"... which made me crack up. And once you were all velcroed into your little underoos you said, "Ba-Bye Wiener".
Love you, little comedian.


Dear Boobs - That's right, I just said that. Congrats on being twice your normal size. I know that is still nothing to brag about, but when you have cleavage without trying to touch your elbows together for the first time in your life - you feel a strange sense of pride in your newfound womanhood. Don't even remind me how significantly and quickly they will disappear from my life. Just let me revel for a moment. Thanks.


Dear Dax - Congrats on releasing the death grip you've had around my thigh since we brought home your new brother. I was beginning to wonder if you would be a constant fixture around my legs. You're taking this whole "not the baby anymore" reality like a champ and we are so proud of you. It ain't easy, I get that, but thanks for finally accepting the fact that our baby is here to stay and that you'll love him more than you know very soon. Sweet little man.


Dear Bloggers - Thanks for writing a blog and giving me a little "social interaction" on those long days of motherhood. I love 'em like crazy, but some days, you feel a little less than stellar. I saw the following on a fellow blogger's bliggity blog and just had to share because I almost started to cry I was laughing so hard. Could be hormones but I'm fairly certain this is damn funny... and I'm also fairly certain that I'll never again be able to work in the words, "Wiener, Boobs and Damn" into one blog post. Record Breaking... I'm sure my Mama is so proud. Sorry, Mom, this is what you get when I'm sleep deprived and punchy. :)

1. When you walked into work this morning and pleasantly greeted your co-worker Jim, was his first reaction to scream “NO! WANT JASON!" followed by an office supply being thrown at you?

2.Has a colleague ever climbed up on your lap while you were using your computer and slammed the keyboard with both fists until the up arrow no longer worked?

3.Do you have to lock yourself in the supply closet or bathroom on a regular basis in order to make phone calls?

4. Did you finish a complete thought at any time during the day?

5. When you went out to lunch with your fellow workers, did you have to pack a diaper/juice/extra outfit for them? Did you have to wipe their faces? Smile an apology and leave an extra tip for the waiter on their behalf?

6. When a co-worker needed you for something, did she sit at her desk with her head tilted back toward the ceiling and repeatedly scream “SEAN! SEEEEANNNN! SEAAAAAAN!” until you came to find him?

7. When you needed a specific colleague, did you search all over for him, only to finally find him giggling in the cabinet under the sink? Did you also find six pairs of your church shoes under there with him?

8. Have you had to come to an associate’s aid because she fell off her desk after trying to climb on top of it using a rolling chair?

9. When you reached for the report a co-worker was handing you, did he snatch them away at the last second and scream “MINE!” while shoving
you backwards?

10. Does your colleague lift up her shirt and pick things out of her belly button every time she comes over to ask a question?

11. While you are using the restroom, do various co-workers come in the stall and ask you to settle a disagreement or open a packet of fruit snacks?

12. During a board meeting when everyone is present, do you notice a smell and then have to check all your colleagues’ pants to locate it? In fact, at ANY point in your day do you have to deal with another person's feces?

Any-Who Congrats ya'll for making it to the mid-week mark
(And yes, I'm including me on this virtual "pat on the back").
Smooches!

9 comments:

Mel said...

Aren't nursing boobs just fantastic! Then mine just shrivel up to nothing when I'm done! I think mine are smaller now than they were pre-kids! So basically invisible! LOL ;)

Karen Kunzler said...

I love the co-worker post. Just reminds us that as hard has motherhood is, there is no where else you want to be. Made me laugh too. Glad you laundry got done also. Mine is still in the laundry basket (folded) still needed to be put away 2 days later :-)

The Sutherland Family said...

Seriously though, your boys are little busy bodies for sure! When you need some dress up, drama & coloring time and pink in your life just let me know and we can switch =)

Kelli said...

Bless your heart for having 3 babes and STILL managing to blog. You crack me up on a regular basis. I feel like we are real life friends!
Kelli (brandi's sister)

PNRBAC said...

LOVE the coworker post - I think I need to subscribe to that blog. Love those boys of yours. Love you too super mama!

Quinn and Suzanne said...

So glad you got a laugh from the stay-at-home-mom post! I know I definitely needed the almost-crying laugh I got. A great big congrats on your new baby!

Luana said...

LOVE the weiner comment!!! Love it!

Amy B. said...

hahaha on the pinterest comment...it's so addicting so maybe it's a good thing you're not onto it...

Liz said...

I love your post.. Your kids sound as busy as mine and they are older. Good luck with number 3.. It is not that mine is harder but the other two kill me, even though they are older they are constantly testing me!! I love your post!!

and you are right laundry is a killer thank heavens for grandmas! One day I had a friend keep asking me if she could come hold my baby so I took her up on it. I let her come and I did laundry!!