Wednesday, October 12, 2011

There Are Hardly Words...


To describe my night Monday night... but you know me... rarely, if ever, does life leave me speechless or shy of words. :)



Kaelster and Dax Man were the lucky recipients of a nasty cold virus this past weekend. They were both doing some serious "rockets" out both nostrils and Big K was coughing, coughing and coughing some more, so after an 11 pm feeding with little Acers, I went to Kael's room to deliver some water and some lovin' on our little hacker.


Cue the gag reflex of my mighty two year old. Out it came all over me, and him and the bulk of this special, cough-induced delivery stuck to my hair with all of it's multi-colored chunks of dinner. Miracle of all miracles I did not puke and neither did RyGar as he tried to assist whilst dry-heaving and chucking towels at the walking freak show that was me and K. Bless his heart.


Little man was upset (understandably) so we both stripped down and ran a hot bath with plenty of bubbles to calm our frazzled little nerves and rinse my once clean locks. Afterwards, we snuggled on the couch and finally, at about 2:30 all was well and Big K was acetaminophen-ed and down for the count.



Cue the rising of little Ace man who after four hours of blissful slumber was ready for mo' milk and I was the proverbial milk cow that he was calling for. Yay for me. Another hour later and Baby Love was down for the count, the clock read 3:30 and fina-freakin'-ly I thought I might catch a few zzz's.


Cue the stirring of little stuffy Dax Man who apparently felt the need to get in on the night-time love-fest that was taking place and I just about lost it but my Knight in Shining Armor, aka, Ryan, arrived to use the big green bulb syringe (aka booger sucker) and rock Little D back to sleep. Have I mentioned how much I heart RyGar?


Any-Who... so many details, so little time, right? But I'll stop this disgusting recount of our night and just say... laundry is crankin', babes are happy little Picassos and mama is recovering.


Slowly, but surely.
These little piggies are helping, I promise.



Furthermore, I'm considering moving to Hawaii asap where the "cold season" is lessoned by the fact that babes can still play outdoors in the phenomenal weather all year long.



I didn't hear any objections, so I'm off to pack.
:)

6 comments:

Mel said...

Sick babies are so NOT fun!
Love all the art work you have them work on...so cute.
I think those little piggy's can cure anyone!

Chrystie said...

Sorry about your rough night. Barf in the hair is the WORST. Poor little guys, hope everyone is feeling better soon and that little Ace stays healthy.

Liz said...

So sorry that your kids are sick. I was the same way. We came home and as soon as Baby was 2 weeks old.. Here came strep, colds, coughs. Luckily she has yet to get her first sickness, if we can keep it that way! Good luck. I am with you to Hawaii!! Lets pack and go . Cute kids!!!!

PNRBAC said...

Ooohhhh Sis!! So Sorry about your rough night!! I feel your pain. We've got a similar bug here (not as bad though) but thank heaven for those green bulb snot suckers!! Get better. Sending some cyber chicken noodle soup and love your way!

Brian and Mary said...

I wish i could drop off a DR. P or a Diet C and a hostess cupcake and catch up in person.. looks like you have your hands full.... but I bet you love every moment.. huh:) Miss the fetch out of you...Texas is not Hawaii.. but the offer is on the table:)

Andrea said...

I don't care what people say - it does get easier as they get older. I think days can be very challenging when they are little, sick and very dependent on their mama.