Sunday, October 16, 2011

So This is It...


There are a few things I want to remember about the wonderful-ness that is a newborn... Especially since this week my little Ace will already reach the ripe old age of four weeks. Closer to a month than a newbie and I just barely met him...


Like the way he snuggles into a little ball so cuddly and tiny, and bent into the same little spherical shape that he posed in while he grew inside of me.

Like the way his hair feels like silk and the way those little spiked locks whisp up and out to the sky without any provoking.

Like the way his little mouth comes to a perfect little bow and the way he sucks his lower lip and the way his little sugary sweet open mouth cranes to find warm skin and especially the way his little angelic pucker settles on his sweet little face when he drifts off to sleep.

Like the way my body rocks and sways to some silent and primal tune of mama-hood and he is soothed and warmed and made content time and time again like magic.

Like the little lion cub "Simba" pose he does when I pull his little warm body out of the contours of his car seat... his little legs bent and his arms in fists overhead... melts me, every single time.

Like his cheeks, that are the color of life and are softer than rose petals and even more divine smelling.

Like the way he just surrenders himself to sleep when he is bathed and swaddled and held in the crook of my elbow... like he knows he is home.

Oh I could go on and on... I just love this little man.
I love every moment of being a mama to beautiful baby boys.
And I feel like "this" is it... the place I have always wanted to be.

5 comments:

Chrystie said...

Awwwwwww. Love this post.

Mel said...

What lucky boys to have such a sweet mama!
Ace is so delicious!

PNRBAC said...

You have a wonderful way of putting into words exactly what I have been feeling for the last 2 months. THANK YOU!! LOVE YOU!!

Kanabites said...

So so so cute, that little guy is! I come to your blog often, so that I can see your cute little guys!

Side note, I need some help on my blog. How in the heck do you get it so that you can see when your friends update their blogs? I hate going to someones blog and it still hasn't been updated, not to mention it takes a long time to go through the list. Good thing I don't have too many on my list. So pray tell me how to make my list of friends cool like you... Thanks!

The Sutherland Family said...

So sweet...I love the little Simba pose newborns have for awhile.