Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hee-Haw...


There is a little ole' place here in the valley that caters to kids and the art of fall. Grandma Gail was in town making magic happen at our house and so she and my swista and I took the little men there this past weekend with our birthday girl cousin, Alli, to give them a much needed "big-little" outing and they dug it.
(I am now calling Kaelster and Dax Man the "Big Little Boys" and somehow it fits...)



Anyway, we took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch where we gathered the plump squashes like crazy. We rode a pony and a little barrel train pulled by a "Track-TOR" as the boys say. We slid down a hillside on gunnie sacks and the surprising hit of the afternoon.... a virtual play pen of feed corn. They literally frolicked in the little golden nuggets.




And when, pray tell, was the last time you could visit a pumpkin patch in your shorts? That's right, we sported little red cheeks and asked for juice after a couple of hours of sunny fun. I tell you, I prayed for an Indian Summer and it has delivered in a big way.

Up next on our fall docket... costumes, caramel apples and pumpkin carving.
Wish us luck. :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

how fun.. im loving this weather as well!!

Mel said...

I don't know why, but I want to bury my feet in that feed corn!
Sounds like a fun little outing!

Loveyoutons.mom said...

Thanks for sharing the joys of life with us! [I need a newborn picture for the gallery!