Friday, May 20, 2011

Super Power...


I officially know what super power I would never ask a genie for.
(You know, because I'm pretty sure I'll find one in a lamp soon enough).


And that super power would be.... a super heightened sense of smell. I feel bad for dogs and possums or any animals that rely so heavily on their sniffers.

RyGar brought me the most beautiful bouquet of lilies. I adore lilies and usually I breathe them in deeply and fondly every time I pass by.

Yesterday, I held that bouquet disdainfully while plugging my nose and moving the entire vase of them downstairs to the guest bathroom. Poor Ry... I might as well have just stomped on his thoughtful little heart. But this blood hound pregger nose of mine is making me want to vomit at the strangest of scents. Like, please, pretty please, don't ask me to make a hot dog for the babies - I'll lose it for sure.


Which leads me to my super power of choice. I officially want a little Bewitched nose and all that comes with it. Can you imagine wiggling your little button nose and having your hair and makeup precisely done in mere moments? Or what about laundry? A simple little twitch and it is all cleaned and neatly folded. Heaven.

Since it's Friday, and it is raining, and our Zoo trip was cancelled due to our Portland-ish weather, I'm here blogging about super powers and scouring the internet for cool/masculine/unique but not whacko boy names for our forthcoming little dude; while my alter-ego Stella is in charge of the household. Freakin' Stella, what a slacker.
:)


PS - We are SO open to name suggestions. Lay 'em on us. For real. We need help. It took us an agonizingly long time to come up with the two gems we already have. How can we possibly be expected to find a name that is totally bitchin' again?

PPS - Bitchin' isn't a cuss word. If you learn it from your brother at a young age and you use it sweetly, as in, "Your shirt is so bitchin'", it is actually considered one of the highest of compliments. This has been a lesson in grammar/slang that was not intended to be off-putting or insulting - just informational.
Thank you.

9 comments:

Amy B. said...

Let's see...a totally bitchin' name...like Sparrow or Knox...or how about Bronx or Pax...see where I am going with this...Celeb baby names are all the rage right now...I also heard that Monson is big in this little happy valley...hahaha

Good luck with that! I am of no help!

Mel said...

I'm with you on the nose sniffer....I remember gaging at the smell of any meat cooking....BARF!
I also would ask for the bewitched nose....freakin' awesome!
As for names...I can give you a few that you'll either like or stick your nose up, but here they go! Steele, Cannon or Gannon, Gunner, Bridger, Jack, Chamber, Sayer (like say-er), Kelson, Stone, Stetson, Sterling. Let me know if I'm coming anywhere close to what you like and I'll think of more!

Lisa said...

My sister is probably naming her son Declan. Said like Deck-lan. They aren't sure how they will spell it yet, maybe with a K to avoid confusion--looks like Deeclan to me right now, so maybe Deklan? Never heard that one before but it's cute? We are naming ours Jacob, but that's a pretty normal name :)

Morning sickness sucks :( I totally sympathize! I couldn't eat tuna, or red meat, or anything with a weird texture... or anything warm in general actually... I mostly at cold things: yogurt, cottage cheese, sandwiches, that kind of thing. The thought of a bubbling pot of grossness was just too much to handle. :)

The Belnaps said...

My nose is totally off the radar too...I actually had to go to a mother/daughter thing with Ellie last night and I sat right next to a lady who had the worst BO..I know that is so mean but seriously I almost barfed for an hour and a half...trying to breathe in and out of my mouth for that long..holy crap..she lives in a park trailor..way sad and I think they never bathe...but still feel bad for me ok? As for names, here is my list..I think you'll hate most of them but you can cringe in the privacy of your own home...Drew, Thys (my grandpas brother but said like Tyce), Liam, Jonas, Hudson, Noah, Nash, Aiden, Caleb, and that's it for now..but i will keep a list of any new ones I hear...good luck

jasmin said...

Hope you don't mind a total stranger leaving a comment on your blog.Your sweet little ones are so adorable.Love to come peek in on you guys a few times a week.We have had the same dilemma as you.Trying to find awesome names for little boys is hard(We have 5 of them!) and now I am pregnant with my last baby and it's a girl so coming up with a name was pretty darn easy.But our boys names are Christian, Alec, Damon, Caden and our sweet little Bronson.Good luck

Jasmin

Lisa said...

Graham, colt, ryker, Ryder, arron, becket, Sam, hayse.
:) and p.s. Who are you kidding. Even if u could twinkle your nose , you wouldn't. You love doing laundry.

Amy B. said...

Me n Ash thought remembered a good one...Crue...and I think her Drew idea is cute...I also love Ty and McKay and Aiden I hope that helps!

Brian and Mary said...

Asher!! Is the name of the day...it's meaning is pretty cool and fits pretty perfectly within your little world of miracles! Good luck with your final choice, but when you see the little guy...you'll know. We sure miss you "bitchin' friends"..looks like life is treating you well. Know that your Texan friends miss ya like crazy!

Luana said...

I must have missed the post on your pregnancy because I didn't know. I will now go and look for it! By the way.....Bitchin Congrats to you guys! :-)