Monday, May 23, 2011

B&B...


Allow me to introduce you to two stars of our little "Bag o' Tricks" for our babies.


"Bankie"


And Binkie...

The former is like the Balm of Gilead to our Kaelster,
and the ladder is like an extra appendage for our Dax Man.

I shudder thinking of the day that RyGar or I make the mistake of traveling any significant distance without either of our two little habits. More eminently, I loathe the day that Dax is done with a significant amount of teething and the binkie is permanently removed from his life. He'll be like a wounded soldier who has "phantom pain" from his seemingly massive loss.

And yes, I paint a pretty brutal picture of addiction with these descriptions of my little junkie babes' and their hooks, but really, I owe a great deal of thanks to their little security objects of choice...


The bankie can ease the pain of the worst bonk and can lull an otherwise restless giant to sleep with it's silky lining.


The binkie can magically stop the ache of budding teeth and allows for more manageable transitions from Daddy's arms to those of the babysitter.



And beyond that.... well, it is stinkin' adorable to watch Big K run with his little "bank" in hand to new places and new things and new people - all buoyed up by the magical power and fortitude of his little 12x12 inch weapon.


And our binkie baby uses "the bink" to suck himself off to slumber, and often, in addition to the one in his mouth, he uses one in each hand to cover his baby blues and drift off to la la land.

There is comfort in those things that we know the best.
There is safety in those things that are most familiar.
And there is a reason that mama has triplicates of all of our favorite things. :)

3 comments:

The Belnaps said...

Amen to the comforts of life..who cares how long they have them..well maybe kindergarten is pushing it:) but until then...let em love those magical comforts...

Mel said...

My kids always had their "blankies" too except for T he has his monkey!
Will you just kiss those cheeks for me since I'm too far away to do it?!

Cami said...

Oh I love Bankies and Binkies they make life so much better just like "Diet Coke"